Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: '97 LdH rosado

Last night we had leftover satsivi (Georgian chicken), with grilled
corn and a cabbage/fennel slaw. Wine was the 1997 Lopez de Heredia
"Tondonia" Rioja Rosado. Beautiful and unusual color- pale copper/
orange/salmon. Nose of flowers and blood oranges, with just a hint of
nutty oxidative notes. On the palate there is good acidity, but a
surprisingly full texture. Red fruits with citrus. Blind I'm certain
I'd think this was red. Excellent length, some ferric/saline mineral
notes, just a hint of coconut oil. Great wine for my tastes for around
$22, but I'm sure some would abhor it. A-/B+

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
DaleW > wrote:

> Last night we had leftover satsivi (Georgian chicken), with grilled
> corn and a cabbage/fennel slaw. Wine was the 1997 Lopez de Heredia
> "Tondonia" Rioja Rosado. Beautiful and unusual color- pale copper/
> orange/salmon. Nose of flowers and blood oranges, with just a hint of
> nutty oxidative notes. On the palate there is good acidity, but a
> surprisingly full texture. Red fruits with citrus. Blind I'm certain
> I'd think this was red. Excellent length, some ferric/saline mineral
> notes, just a hint of coconut oil. Great wine for my tastes for around
> $22, but I'm sure some would abhor it. A-/B+
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Are you finishing up your Rosé wines before the summer is up? All of
these sound great.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 3, 3:16�pm, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> �DaleW > wrote:
> > Last night we had leftover satsivi (Georgian chicken), with grilled
> > corn and a cabbage/fennel slaw. Wine was the 1997 Lopez de Heredia
> > "Tondonia" Rioja Rosado. Beautiful and unusual color- pale copper/
> > orange/salmon. Nose of flowers and blood oranges, with just a hint of
> > nutty oxidative notes. On the palate there is good acidity, but a
> > surprisingly full texture. Red fruits with citrus. Blind I'm certain
> > I'd think this was red. Excellent length, some ferric/saline mineral
> > notes, just a hint of coconut oil. Great wine for my tastes for around
> > $22, but I'm sure some would abhor it. A-/B+

> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> > wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> > drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> > promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

> Are you finishing up your Ros� wines before the summer is up? All of
> these sound great.

Well, for the most part I do try to drink rose within year of release.
And I drink more in summer. So probably won't be buying anymore,though
not hurrying - there are winter hams and such that call for rose. The
exception would be this one, which I think ages well. I still have one
bottle each of '93 and '95, I think.