Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Burgundy, Chianti, MSR,

Saturday I grilled us some pork chops (marinaded in black vinegar,
white wine, garlic, and soy sauce) and asparagus, served with some
green beans and the 2004 Denis Bachelet Bourgogne. Medium bodied Pinot
with red fruit and spice, no apparent green, good length for level,
tasty wine. Some Gevrey-ish dust/earth with time, a little cedar.
Still a bit of tannin, good acids, will give other bottle a little
more time. B+/B

Tonight Betsy was doing some party prep for tomorrow and said
we'd do empty fridge and dibby-dabbies (her grandmother's term for
leftovers). I saw a little chicken with figs and some tofu with soy/
ginger/scallions and decided off-dry Riesling. The 2007 Merkelbach
Kinheimer Rosenberg Riesling Kabinett (Mosel Saar Ruwer) was very
light, but with a nice core. Granny Smith with a little lime and
slate, nice acidity though with a rather creamy texture for such a
light wine. If you want weight you're gonna be disappointed here, but
this wisp of a wine is a buy again for me. B+

However, at dinner time, I saw the plates also had some spaghetti
tonnato and a little pork chop (ok, weird assortment I know), and
opened a half bottle of the 2005 Felsina Chianti Classico. Black
cherry and raspberry, a little fatter than most Felsinas, good but not
compelling. Will revisit tomorrow, B/B- for now.

*
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 1, 10:59 am, DaleW > wrote:
> Tonight Betsy was doing some party prep for tomorrow and said
> we'd do empty fridge and dibby-dabbies (her grandmother's term for
> leftovers). I saw a little chicken with figs and some tofu with soy/
> ginger/scallions and decided off-dry Riesling. The 2007 Merkelbach
> Kinheimer Rosenberg Riesling Kabinett (Mosel Saar Ruwer) was very
> light, but with a nice core. Granny Smith with a little lime and
> slate, nice acidity though with a rather creamy texture for such a
> light wine. If you want weight you're gonna be disappointed here, but
> this wisp of a wine is a buy again for me. B+

I love Merkelbachs - just can't find them easily enough. The ones I've
had were stunning - incredibly light, delicate and precise, the sort
of wine that's great to drink over a few hours (and would be
overwhelmed in any sort of tasting).
Could you share the place you got the 07 from - would love to see if
they have any of the 07 Spatlesen (particularly the Treppchen or Urzig
Wurzgarten).

Cheers,
Salil
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Salil" > skrev i melding

> I love Merkelbachs - just can't find them easily enough. The ones I've
> had were stunning - incredibly light, delicate and precise, the sort
> of wine that's great to drink over a few hours (and would be
> overwhelmed in any sort of tasting).

No wonder they are difficult to find - the estate is 1.90 hectares in size,
roughly 4.5 acres I think. Yearly production should then be less than
20.000 bottles or about 1500 cases...

BTW, there is no need anymore to write MSR - it is all Mosel now. Too bad...
Anders

TN: White Burgundy, Red Burgundy, Pink Burgundy DaleW Wine 1 11-03-2011 04:25 PM
TN: $5 Chianti DaleW Wine 0 22-08-2008 04:38 PM
TN: '05 Chianti DaleW Wine 0 23-01-2008 10:22 PM
Chianti Classico Tasting.. Great Chianti's and an AMAZING Vin Santo Wildetuinn Wine 0 15-09-2006 08:06 AM
Chianti Erik Hornung Wine 18 05-02-2004 10:57 PM