Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2 nice Loire whites

After a frantic workday, was glad to be home. Betsy needed some white
wine for a chicken with figs dish, the 2006 Pepiere (Ollivier)
Muscadet was handy. We had a glass while she cooked and I
decompressed, its usual lovely self. A juicier vintage of this wine,
lovely ripe apples and citrus, lots of saline minerality, visions of
the seashore danced through my brain. I think this is my last bottle,
looking forward to the 2007 (a little leaner, but yummy-vive la
difference! ). B+

With dinner, the 2002 Pinon "Cuvee Tradition" Vouvray. Damn good
match, the light sweetness plays off well with the figs' sweetness,
but it has enough body for the chicken and onions. I should have
gotten more of this than a couple bottles (recent rerelease). Apple
and tropical fruit, honied, smooth and lively. Good length,
concentration, another good wine. B+

TN: nice dinner with friends and some Loire, Rhone, and Bordeaux wines DaleW Wine 0 22-02-2013 08:59 PM
TN: mostly Italian, plus a nice Loire red DaleW Wine 1 26-09-2011 03:59 PM
Loire Whites Bill S. Wine 0 09-09-2010 01:09 AM
TN: unoaked whites from Marche and Loire DaleW Wine 1 11-09-2009 03:36 PM
Making a nice omelette using just egg whites -keevill- General Cooking 9 18-11-2007 03:34 AM