Posted to alt.food.wine

Default New wine blog

Hi all, I have started a new blog called Wine in a Midwest City. My
wine professional friends are contributing to it. Read and leave your
comments!
http://wineinamidwestcity.blogspot.com/
Member

The best way to promote it online is to start talking with the people who you want to read it. Online forums and message boards (online communities dedicated to specific topics) are the places to find these people. Google the term "wine forums" and several results will come up. Get involved in conversations and become a part of the community. Don't just post a message that says "read my blog" because people will view this as spam. Moderators will usually delete such posts. Create a signature that includes the name and the link to your blog, since links are usually allowed in signatures. The most you post, the more times your link will be seen.

As for offline marketing, try giving out business cards or talking your blog up at wineries and local wine tastings.

Last edited by rome : 25-08-2008 at 10:42 AM
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Aug 25, 4:31 am, rome > wrote:
> The best way to promote it online is to start talking with the people
> who you want to read it. Online forums and message boards (online
> communities dedicated to specific topics) are the places to find these
> people. Google the term "wine forums" and several results will come up.
> Get involved in conversations and become a part of the community. Don't
> just post a message that says "read my blog" because people will view
> this as spam. Moderators will usually delete such posts. Create a
> signature that includes the name and the link to your blog, since links
> are usually allowed in signatures. The most you post, the more times
> your link will be seen.
>
> As for offline marketing, try giving out business cards or talking your
> blog up at wineries and local wine tastings.
>
> --
> rome

thanks for the advice. I appreciate it!

LCB blog day 4 MikeWash General Cooking 1 08-01-2010 10:39 PM
Cheap Wine Blog Leila General Cooking 24 01-01-2007 07:42 PM
Where *not* to buy wine in Miami (a blog entry about a gift shop that charges outrageous prices) Leo Bueno Wine 14 30-11-2006 07:45 AM
Video Blog on Wine John Roi Wine 0 25-02-2006 01:18 AM
New wine blog [email protected] Wine 0 15-03-2005 01:33 AM