Posted to alt.food.wine

Default NY Times on Cabernet

http://thepour.blogs.nytimes.com/

Relevant in lieu of the high end tasting notes that I just posted.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Aug 19, 7:11�pm, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> http://thepour.blogs.nytimes.com/
>
> Relevant in lieu of the high end tasting notes that I just posted.

thanks for link. I like Asimov, but don't often read the blog. I've
with him on Mayacamas, Dominus, and Montelena, so will try some of the
others mentioned (I used to buy clos du Val, but haven't recently, for
no particular reason). Reading further in blog was also interesting.
Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:

> thanks for link. I like Asimov, but don't often read the blog. I've
> with him on Mayacamas, Dominus, and Montelena, so will try some of the
> others mentioned (I used to buy clos du Val, but haven't recently, for
> no particular reason). Reading further in blog was also interesting.

On our most recent visit to Napa, Corison absolutely stole the show with
their Cabernets ('03 Kronos and '04 Estate), taking me back 20 years to
a style that I'd thought gone from the Valley. Like you, Dale, Clos du
Val had fallen off my radar, but Brian Miller's mentions in WLDG have
got me thinking about it again, too.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Aug 19, 11:48�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> DaleW wrote:
> > thanks for link. I like Asimov, but don't often read the blog. I've
> > with him on Mayacamas, Dominus, and Montelena, so will try some of the
> > others mentioned (I used to buy clos du Val, but haven't recently, for
> > no particular reason). Reading further in blog was also interesting.

> On our most recent visit to Napa, Corison absolutely stole the show with
> their Cabernets ('03 Kronos and '04 Estate), taking me back 20 years to
> a style that I'd thought gone from the Valley. �Like you, Dale, Clos du
> Val had fallen off my radar, but Brian Miller's mentions in WLDG have
> got me thinking about it again, too.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

On a recent trip to Napa I had a bottle of the '04 Clos du Val
cabernet with dinner and it was probably the first new release Clos du
Val I've tasted in at least 6-7 years. It was really refreshing to
have a wine still made in a traditional, food friendly style.

Hard times Nancy Young[_5_] General Cooking 449 22-10-2011 11:27 AM
LA Times Yum! Terry Pulliam Burd[_3_] General Cooking 27 11-08-2008 06:49 AM
2 LA Times Recipes Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] General Cooking 5 29-05-2007 02:12 AM
First Times George Sushi 26 30-09-2005 04:34 PM
"Iced Tea" myth again; Historical NY Times, LA Times, Chicago Tribune for $50 Barry Popik Historic 0 30-05-2004 07:08 AM