Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2002 La Grolet (good satellite wine)

Betsy hadn't seen David in 3 weeks, so we had a family dinner on the
patio last night. Latest Food and Wine has an article on Mario Batali
and Gwyneth Palthrow (sp/?) doing a show on Spain. Had a Batali recipe
for little lamb chops with rosemary and lavender (Betsy didn't have
lavender, went with herbes de provence). Suggested Rioja, but my only
Riojas were either 25 years + or would require moving many cases to
get to. So I figured lamb and Bordeaux.

Wine was the 2002 Ch. la Grolet Tete de Cuvee (Cotes de Bourg). Pretty
sure this is a biodynamic wine. It certainly is a tasty wine for $15.
Medium bodied, rich cassis and black plum fruit balanced by fresh
acidity and easy ripe tannins. There's just a hint of vanilla cream,
but an accent to the dark fruit, not dominant. Some lead pencil and a
hint of cigarbox with time. Pretty classic Right Bank Bordeaux.
Unfortunately, when I check the CSW site, now sold out. Damn that
sale! I have one more, will hold a bit to see how it progresses. B+

*