Posted to alt.food.wine

Default ping Emery Davis

Emery
Had a great trip to Bruges and took your advice and booked the Den Dyver for
our last night. All I cam sasy is that it was one of our best meals
out,,ever. They have set menus at various prices, and match your beers to
the menu. We decided to go a la carte and watched the procession of beers at
the next table. Having had too many beers over the previous days decided to
have some wine. The house Cote de Gascony was excellent and helped keep the
bill to 150 euros for two.!!

A great trip and thanks for the intel

JohnT

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 15:05:45 +0100
"John T" > wrote:

> Emery
> Had a great trip to Bruges and took your advice and booked the Den Dyver for
> our last night. All I cam sasy is that it was one of our best meals
> out,,ever. They have set menus at various prices, and match your beers to
> the menu. We decided to go a la carte and watched the procession of beers at
> the next table. Having had too many beers over the previous days decided to
> have some wine. The house Cote de Gascony was excellent and helped keep the
> bill to 150 euros for two.!!
>
> A great trip and thanks for the intel

A pleasure John, sounds like it was amazing as everyone said. Next time
I will book well ahead...

Just back from a week in the Baronnies, it was 38 C, now back in Normandie
16 C and raining. Not much wine news except for an excellent visit to Faucon
Doré. Tasted (and bought) a delicious late harvest grenache rose made with
help from an Alsace winemaker. A yield of 4 hl/ha, with enormous alcoholic
potential but blocked at 14 to leave 110 gms of residual sugar. Zesty and
delicious, smooth as silk. Another success!

Now off to Boston, hope to try a Zin or two.

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

ping Emery Davis John T Wine 2 01-05-2008 08:02 AM
Lunch with Emery D. in Chinon santiago Wine 11 30-10-2007 03:12 AM
Shout out to Emery Davis Chris Sprague Wine 14 06-10-2007 01:07 PM
Which is better: Siebel or UC Davis [email protected] Beer 8 09-04-2005 12:18 AM
Ray or Andy - UC Davis link frederick ploegman Winemaking 15 07-01-2005 05:53 PM