Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN 2005 Ghost Pines Cabernet Sauvignon

Every now and again one must test their prejudices at the risk of
perhaps expanding ones worlds. They were tasting this at a local grocery
yesterday and I was surprised to like it. I went back and bought a
bottle. Tonight it goes with steak and I am sure it will be a hit. Two
reasons, my wife likes CS and I like this one.

The nose has a hint of smokiness and I thought something like cedar or
mint something very aromatic.The color is deep I get bright red fruits
when I put it to the mouth and a fairly long finish with a hint of mint.
The tannins are teeth coating but mot numbing and this finish contains
one last item that I must confess I find to be in perfect balance, and
that is the oak. Yes I know oak adverse, "I don't drink furniture", guy
that I am, I like this one. oh yes $17.99

and it is young. . . I opened it early to see if it needed air, it
doesn't really, not a wine for the ages, but a good one for tonight.
If I were Dale, and I am not, I would say maybe B+ my wife will like it
a bit more. We shall be happy.
--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

2004 Ghost Horse Cabernet Bi!! Wine 3 29-11-2012 03:30 AM
"Two Washington wines — a 2008 Long Shadows Botrytis Riesling and a 2005 Quilceda Creek cabernet sauvignon — were served at a Whitehouse state dinner last week when Pres. Obama hosted China Pres. Hu Jintau." aesthete8 Wine 3 27-01-2011 05:58 PM
Cabernet Sauvignon Retta Wine 0 02-07-2010 02:10 AM
Mayo Family Winery 2005 Random Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Agent Red Wine 20 27-07-2008 08:32 PM
TN: Charles Shaw Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 il rit Wine 0 22-02-2007 05:53 PM