FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN 2005 Ghost Pines Cabernet Sauvignon (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/158636-tn-2005-ghost-pines.html)

Joseph Coulter[_3_] 13-07-2008 10:36 PM

TN 2005 Ghost Pines Cabernet Sauvignon

Every now and again one must test their prejudices at the risk of
perhaps expanding ones worlds. They were tasting this at a local grocery
yesterday and I was surprised to like it. I went back and bought a
bottle. Tonight it goes with steak and I am sure it will be a hit. Two
reasons, my wife likes CS and I like this one.

The nose has a hint of smokiness and I thought something like cedar or
mint something very aromatic.The color is deep I get bright red fruits
when I put it to the mouth and a fairly long finish with a hint of mint.
The tannins are teeth coating but mot numbing and this finish contains
one last item that I must confess I find to be in perfect balance, and
that is the oak. Yes I know oak adverse, "I don't drink furniture", guy
that I am, I like this one. oh yes $17.99

and it is young. . . I opened it early to see if it needed air, it
doesn't really, not a wine for the ages, but a good one for tonight.
If I were Dale, and I am not, I would say maybe B+ my wife will like it
a bit more. We shall be happy.
--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com