Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Favorite Sonoma and Napa Valley wines?

What are YOUR favorites from these two regions?

My currant Favorite Napa is a 2003 Blend 25 from B Cellars, a
beautiful blend of Syrah, Cab and Merlot. Its big, balanced, dusky
and delicious! I'll post a full review here on Monday.

On the Sonoma side, Adobe Road's 2003 Zinfandel blew my hat off with
enormous jammy blackberry and blueberry, smoked raspberry, cedar and
mild spice. Look for my review here on Tuesday.

Both of these wines are Library, and no longer available through the
winery.

If you have a stellar favorite from Napa or Sonoma, I would love to
know. In addition to reviewing wines for my retail store, I also
write for Imbibe Magazine and for Color and Aroma Magazine. For an
upcoming article, I am thinking of pitting Napa Against Sonoma, so
your recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Agent Red
Posted to alt.food.wine

Agent Red wrote:

> If you have a stellar favorite from Napa or Sonoma, I would love to
> know. In addition to reviewing wines for my retail store, I also
> write for Imbibe Magazine and for Color and Aroma Magazine. For an
> upcoming article, I am thinking of pitting Napa Against Sonoma, so
> your recommendations would be much appreciated.

Well, I am a fan of the more restrained wines coming out of CA, so for
me my favorites would be:

Sonoma - Joseph Swan, Merry Edwards, Williams-Selyem, Nalle, Dashe,
Porter Creek, Unti, Bella and Laurel Glen

Napa - Corison, Lagier-Meredith, Dunn, Stony Hill, Mayacamas, Chateau
Montelena and Storybook Mountain

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jul 14, 11:41�am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Agent Red wrote:
> > If you have a stellar favorite from Napa or Sonoma, I would love to
> > know. �In addition to reviewing wines for my retail store, I also
> > write for Imbibe Magazine and for Color and Aroma Magazine. �For an
> > upcoming article, I am thinking of pitting Napa Against Sonoma, so
> > your recommendations would be much appreciated.

> Well, I am a fan of the more restrained wines coming out of CA, so for
> me my favorites would be:
>
> Sonoma - Joseph Swan, Merry Edwards, Williams-Selyem, Nalle, Dashe,
> Porter Creek, Unti, Bella and Laurel Glen
>
> Napa - Corison, Lagier-Meredith, Dunn, Stony Hill, Mayacamas, Chateau
> Montelena and Storybook Mountain
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

I'm partial to many of Mark's picks. From Napa I like Shafer, Stags's
Leap, Cliff Lede some of the Nickel and Nickel, Lewis Cellars and Orin
Swift. Sonoma favorites include Kamen and Ramey. DISCLAIMER I am
affiliated with a distributor that distributes Lede, Orin Swift, Kamen
and Ramey.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jul 12, 10:16 pm, Agent Red > wrote:
> What are YOUR favorites from these two regions?
>
> My currant Favorite Napa is a 2003 Blend 25 from B Cellars, a
> beautiful blend of Syrah, Cab and Merlot. Its big, balanced, dusky
> and delicious! I'll post a full review here on Monday.
>
> On the Sonoma side, Adobe Road's 2003 Zinfandel blew my hat off with
> enormous jammy blackberry and blueberry, smoked raspberry, cedar and
> mild spice. Look for my review here on Tuesday.
>
> Both of these wines are Library, and no longer available through the
> winery.
>
> If you have a stellar favorite from Napa or Sonoma, I would love to
> know. In addition to reviewing wines for my retail store, I also
> write for Imbibe Magazine and for Color and Aroma Magazine. For an
> upcoming article, I am thinking of pitting Napa Against Sonoma, so
> your recommendations would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Agent Red

From Napa try:
Parry Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon 2004 (143 cases produced)
Mi Sueno Red table (60% Cabernet 40% Syrah) 2005
From Sonoma:
Sea Smoke "Ten" Pinot Noir 2006
Littorai "Hirsch" Pinot Noir 2005
From Santa Barbara:
Flying Goat "Dierberg" Pinot Noir 2005

Mark
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jul 17, 9:05*pm, Mark Slater > wrote:
> On Jul 12, 10:16 pm, Agent Red > wrote:
>

> > What are YOUR favorites from these two regions?

> > My currant Favorite Napa is a 2003 Blend 25 from B Cellars, a
> > beautiful blend of Syrah, Cab and Merlot. *Its big, balanced, dusky
> > and delicious! *I'll post a full review here on Monday.

> > On the Sonoma side, Adobe Road's 2003 Zinfandel blew my hat off with
> > enormous jammy blackberry and blueberry, smoked raspberry, cedar and
> > mild spice. *Look for my review here on Tuesday.

> > Both of these wines are Library, and no longer available through the
> > winery.

> > If you have a stellar favorite from Napa or Sonoma, I would love to
> > know. *In addition to reviewing wines for my retail store, I also
> > write for Imbibe Magazine and for Color and Aroma Magazine. *For an
> > upcoming article, I am thinking of pitting Napa Against Sonoma, so
> > your recommendations would be much appreciated.

> > Thanks!

> > Agent Red

> From Napa try:
> Parry Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon 2004 (143 cases produced)
> Mi Sueno Red table (60% Cabernet 40% Syrah) 2005
> From Sonoma:
> Sea Smoke "Ten" Pinot Noir 2006
> Littorai "Hirsch" Pinot Noir 2005
> From Santa Barbara:
> Flying Goat "Dierberg" Pinot Noir 2005
>
> Mark

Thanks to all for the recommendations! Some of the wineries above are
already in the queue. The others will get a personal call from me,
soon.

Best,

Agent Red

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
Agent Red > wrote:

> What are YOUR favorites from these two regions?
>
> My currant Favorite Napa is a 2003 Blend 25 from B Cellars, a
> beautiful blend of Syrah, Cab and Merlot. Its big, balanced, dusky
> and delicious! I'll post a full review here on Monday.
>
> On the Sonoma side, Adobe Road's 2003 Zinfandel blew my hat off with
> enormous jammy blackberry and blueberry, smoked raspberry, cedar and
> mild spice. Look for my review here on Tuesday.
>
> Both of these wines are Library, and no longer available through the
> winery.
>
> If you have a stellar favorite from Napa or Sonoma, I would love to
> know. In addition to reviewing wines for my retail store, I also
> write for Imbibe Magazine and for Color and Aroma Magazine. For an
> upcoming article, I am thinking of pitting Napa Against Sonoma, so
> your recommendations would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Agent Red

Really appreciated Merry Edwards and McRostie this last trip. But we had
many non-memorable tastings as well such as Alderbrook and Hop Kiln in
Sonoma that were just awful. Still enjoy the Domaine Carneros tasting
room and as always our favorite in Napa Elyse.
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
"Bi!!" > wrote:

> On Jul 14, 11:41?am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> > Agent Red wrote:
> > > If you have a stellar favorite from Napa or Sonoma, I would love to
> > > know. ?In addition to reviewing wines for my retail store, I also
> > > write for Imbibe Magazine and for Color and Aroma Magazine. ?For an
> > > upcoming article, I am thinking of pitting Napa Against Sonoma, so
> > > your recommendations would be much appreciated.

> > Well, I am a fan of the more restrained wines coming out of CA, so for
> > me my favorites would be:
> >
> > Sonoma - Joseph Swan, Merry Edwards, Williams-Selyem, Nalle, Dashe,
> > Porter Creek, Unti, Bella and Laurel Glen
> >
> > Napa - Corison, Lagier-Meredith, Dunn, Stony Hill, Mayacamas, Chateau
> > Montelena and Storybook Mountain
> >
> > Mark Lipton
> >
> > --
> > alt.food.wine FAQ: ?http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

> I'm partial to many of Mark's picks. From Napa I like Shafer, Stags's
> Leap, Cliff Lede some of the Nickel and Nickel, Lewis Cellars and Orin
> Swift. Sonoma favorites include Kamen and Ramey. DISCLAIMER I am
> affiliated with a distributor that distributes Lede, Orin Swift, Kamen
> and Ramey.

Love Ramey but it is an expensive habit.

Off to Napa/Sonoma Bi!! Wine 2 10-05-2010 04:11 AM
Week in Sonoma / Napa fsa3 Wine 24 29-11-2007 03:33 PM
The Road Less Traveled Wines of Napa. Sonoma. Russian River Richard Neidich Wine 5 01-08-2005 08:07 AM
Napa Sonoma Recommendations? [email protected] Wine 7 28-02-2005 01:03 AM
Sonoma Winemakers Add your Sonoma Valley Community Listing Jeff Winemaking 0 11-02-2005 01:46 AM