Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Wines drunk at G8 Summit Meeting

Here is the banquet menu:

(After clicking on link below, scroll down page for wine listings)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...od-crisis.html
Posted to alt.food.wine

I think they started the meeting with, today my wife just returned pilattes
class looking good. We were having some friends over for a summitt so we
only had time for a quicky.

Then the other members showed up from the G8 with their concerns on the
starving. As a demonstration we gorged ourselves with food and wine...about
18 courses worth.

What a bunch of CRAP.

For the masses we have rising gas and fuel cost
For the leaders to rule over them we have 18 courses paired with wines.

PRICELESS!

> wrote in message
> Here is the banquet menu:
>
> (After clicking on link below, scroll down page for wine listings)
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...od-crisis.html

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jul 10, 5:21�am, wrote:
> Here is the banquet menu:
>
> (After clicking on link below, scroll down page for wine listings)
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...09/Summit-that...

Kind of strange that they list the lunch wines as Chateau Grillet 2005
which cost a minimum of $100 a bottle for a Condrieu yet they don't
list the name of the Chambolle Musigny 2005.
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Bi!!" > wrote in
:

> On Jul 10, 5:21�am, wrote:
>> Here is the banquet menu:
>>
>> (After clicking on link below, scroll down page for wine listings)
>>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...032909/Summit-

that.
>> ..

> Kind of strange that they list the lunch wines as Chateau Grillet 2005
> which cost a minimum of $100 a bottle for a Condrieu yet they don't
> list the name of the Chambolle Musigny 2005.

After reading the article I was expecting La Tache and the like maybe a
Petrus or Cheval Blanc or two. Not that this is a shabby offering, but
not as opulent considering the attendees as one was led to believe. And
Ian correct me if I am wrong but isn't the 99 Tokay on the young side if
they are going for bigbucks, my H. Johnson's shows 93 as more
appropriate for drinking now.

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Posted to alt.food.wine

Joseph Coulter wrote:

> After reading the article I was expecting La Tache and the like maybe a
> Petrus or Cheval Blanc or two. Not that this is a shabby offering, but
> not as opulent considering the attendees as one was led to believe. And
> Ian correct me if I am wrong but isn't the 99 Tokay on the young side if
> they are going for bigbucks, my H. Johnson's shows 93 as more
> appropriate for drinking now.

All of the wines, with the possible exception of the '97 MB, appear too
young. Yes, that Tokaji is probably an infant but who knows with the
limited information provided? Clearly, the wine wasn't a major focus of
that meal.

Mark Lipton

"As for wine Korea has avoided pricey wines considering that theobjective of the summit is to deal with recovery from the global economic crisis." aesthete8 Wine 0 06-11-2010 05:26 AM
OT?: Beer Summit (USA) Paco[_4_] General Cooking 1 30-07-2009 02:19 PM
Summit's Marzen TechMyst Beer 0 25-09-2006 01:35 AM
Summit Latosha Washington Beer 8 08-01-2006 11:19 PM
Weber Genesis vs Summit? Aaron Barbecue 5 29-11-2004 11:40 PM