Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Help With Wine Identification

Good evening everyone,

This is my first post here, but I'm hoping someone can help.

A few years ago I had a bottle of red Texas wine. It had a small block
of oak in the bottle, imparting its flavor. The oak block had some kind
of limerick on it. I can't remember the name of the wine. Does anyone
have any clue?

Thanks for the help, happy sipping.

Casey
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jul 6, 5:05*pm, Casey > wrote:
> Good evening everyone,
>
> This is my first post here, but I'm hoping someone can help.
>
> A few years ago I had a bottle of red Texas wine. It had a small block
> of oak in the bottle, imparting its flavor. The oak block had some kind
> of limerick on it. I can't remember the name of the wine. Does anyone
> have any clue?

I do not know that wine, but the site http://www.gotexanwine.org might
help jolt your memory of more details. It has descriptions of all of
the now many Texas wineries, where they are located, how to get there,
if they allow visits and have tastings, etc. This site is more
complete than ones describing many wine regions in California. It is
well worth viewing by anyone interested in wine who might be going to
Texas.
Posted to alt.food.wine

cwdjrxyz wrote:

> On Jul 6, 5:05 pm, Casey > wrote:
>> Good evening everyone,
>>
>> This is my first post here, but I'm hoping someone can help.
>>
>> A few years ago I had a bottle of red Texas wine. It had a small block
>> of oak in the bottle, imparting its flavor. The oak block had some kind
>> of limerick on it. I can't remember the name of the wine. Does anyone
>> have any clue?

> I do not know that wine, but the site http://www.gotexanwine.org might
> help jolt your memory of more details. It has descriptions of all of
> the now many Texas wineries, where they are located, how to get there,
> if they allow visits and have tastings, etc. This site is more
> complete than ones describing many wine regions in California. It is
> well worth viewing by anyone interested in wine who might be going to
> Texas.

Thanks a bunch for the link. I'm searching through the wines now. I had
no idea Texas had so many wineries. I'm in NW Louisiana, so I'm going to
have to make a tour sometime soon. I'll let you know if I find the one
I'm looking for.

Casey