Posted to alt.food.wine

Default FAQ for this group on web may ewquire new url soon

The FAQ for alt.food.wine now located at http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com
may require a new url soon. It likely will be something like
http://winefaq.MyDomain.Net. I will post here if and when this becomes
certain.

The reason is that the domain is now a third level one that uses the
host, in this case hostexcellence. However they are no longer
supporting new third level domains, but do support subdomains at no
extra charge. A subdomain will be based on one of my domains such as
cwdjr.net or cwdjr.info. I am likely to change to a more modern server
at hostexcellence soon to support more than I now have such as php 5
rather than php 4. Also monthly bandwidth is increased to 5000 GB at
no increase in charge with unlimited(within reason) disc storage
space. I have now backed up more than 2.5 GB from the server to my
computer and a DVD. Everything will have to be installed new on the
new server, but this should go fairly fast. I have a good FTP program
(Cute FTP Pro) that will automatically upload many whole directories
without attention. It reconnects when disconnected and uses two inputs
to the server at the same time, when the server is not too busy, so
two directories can be loaded at the same time. It takes a really bad
problem or long outage to make it give up.

If everything goes as planned, there will be little or no downtime as
the old control panel will not be turned off until about 2 weeks after
the conversion. If there ever are problems with the web site, just
search alt.food.wine for "alt.food.wine FAQ" for the text version
posted here about once a month by Mark Lipton. The mini FAQs posts
only refer to the web site for details.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Hello, is it down already cause I cannot seem to access it today?

"cwdjrxyz" > wrote in message
> The FAQ for alt.food.wine now located at http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com
> may require a new url soon. It likely will be something like
> http://winefaq.MyDomain.Net. I will post here if and when this becomes
> certain.
>
> The reason is that the domain is now a third level one that uses the
> host, in this case hostexcellence. However they are no longer
> supporting new third level domains, but do support subdomains at no
> extra charge. A subdomain will be based on one of my domains such as
> cwdjr.net or cwdjr.info. I am likely to change to a more modern server
> at hostexcellence soon to support more than I now have such as php 5
> rather than php 4. Also monthly bandwidth is increased to 5000 GB at
> no increase in charge with unlimited(within reason) disc storage
> space. I have now backed up more than 2.5 GB from the server to my
> computer and a DVD. Everything will have to be installed new on the
> new server, but this should go fairly fast. I have a good FTP program
> (Cute FTP Pro) that will automatically upload many whole directories
> without attention. It reconnects when disconnected and uses two inputs
> to the server at the same time, when the server is not too busy, so
> two directories can be loaded at the same time. It takes a really bad
> problem or long outage to make it give up.
>

> If everything goes as planned, there will be little or no downtime as
> the old control panel will not be turned off until about 2 weeks after
> the conversion. If there ever are problems with the web site, just
> search alt.food.wine for "alt.food.wine FAQ" for the text version
> posted here about once a month by Mark Lipton. The mini FAQs posts
> only refer to the web site for details.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jul 6, 12:40*pm, "Richard Neidich" > wrote:
> Hello, is it down already cause I cannot seem to access it today?
>
> "cwdjrxyz" > wrote in message

> > The FAQ for alt.food.wine now located athttp://winefaq.hostexcellence.com
> > may require a new url soon. It likely will be something like
> >http://winefaq.MyDomain.Net. I will post here if and when this becomes
> > certain.

> > The reason is that the domain is now a third level one that uses the
> > host, in this case hostexcellence. However they are no longer
> > supporting new third level domains, but do support subdomains at no
> > extra charge. A subdomain will be based on one of my domains such as
> > cwdjr.net or cwdjr.info. I am likely to change to a more modern server
> > at hostexcellence soon to support more than I now have such as php 5
> > rather than php 4. Also monthly bandwidth is increased to 5000 GB at
> > no increase in charge with unlimited(within reason) disc storage
> > space. I have now backed up more than 2.5 GB from the server to my
> > computer and a DVD. Everything will have to be installed new on the
> > new server, but this should go fairly fast. I have a good FTP program
> > (Cute FTP Pro) that will automatically upload many whole directories
> > without attention. It reconnects when disconnected and uses two inputs
> > to the server at the same time, when the server is not too busy, so
> > two directories can be loaded at the same time. It takes a really bad
> > problem or long outage to make it give up.

> > If everything goes as planned, there will be little or no downtime as
> > the old control panel will not be turned off until about 2 weeks after
> > the conversion. If there ever are problems with the web site, just
> > search alt.food.wine for "alt.food.wine FAQ" for the text version
> > posted here about once a month by Mark Lipton. The mini FAQs posts
> > only refer to the web site for details.

Thanks Richard. Yes the wine FAQ site is down. However my two domains
are up. I agreed to the server change last night. It started to be
processed at once, since I checked my bank web site and there was a
pending charge from the hosting company. The fact that the FAQ site is
down may have something to do with it being a 3rd level domain which
is not supported on new plans. I was expecting it to be up since the
two domains are supposed to be up for about 2 weeks on the old server.
I will put the site back up as a subdomain as explained as soon as the
hosting company has the control panel for the new server ready to go.
Until then, those wanting the FAQs can look up Mark Lipton's monthly
complete FAQs posted to this group as described in my first post. Most
of the many required changes are automated these days. If everything
goes right, about all I will have to do is load everything up to the
new server. At least there still are some humans to call 24/7 if you
have problems.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jul 6, 1:33*pm, cwdjrxyz > wrote:
> On Jul 6, 12:40*pm, "Richard Neidich" > wrote:
>

> > Hello, is it down already cause I cannot seem to access it today?

> > "cwdjrxyz" > wrote in message

> > > The FAQ for alt.food.wine now located athttp://winefaq.hostexcellence..com
> > > may require a new url soon. It likely will be something like
> > >http://winefaq.MyDomain.Net. I will post here if and when this becomes
> > > certain.

> > > The reason is that the domain is now a third level one that uses the
> > > host, in this case hostexcellence. However they are no longer
> > > supporting new third level domains, but do support subdomains at no
> > > extra charge. A subdomain will be based on one of my domains such as
> > > cwdjr.net or cwdjr.info. I am likely to change to a more modern server
> > > at hostexcellence soon to support more than I now have such as php 5
> > > rather than php 4. Also monthly bandwidth is increased to 5000 GB at
> > > no increase in charge with unlimited(within reason) disc storage
> > > space. I have now backed up more than 2.5 GB from the server to my
> > > computer and a DVD. Everything will have to be installed new on the
> > > new server, but this should go fairly fast. I have a good FTP program
> > > (Cute FTP Pro) that will automatically upload many whole directories
> > > without attention. It reconnects when disconnected and uses two inputs
> > > to the server at the same time, when the server is not too busy, so
> > > two directories can be loaded at the same time. It takes a really bad
> > > problem or long outage to make it give up.

> > > If everything goes as planned, there will be little or no downtime as
> > > the old control panel will not be turned off until about 2 weeks after
> > > the conversion. If there ever are problems with the web site, just
> > > search alt.food.wine for "alt.food.wine FAQ" for the text version
> > > posted here about once a month by Mark Lipton. The mini FAQs posts
> > > only refer to the web site for details.

> Thanks Richard. Yes the wine FAQ site is down. However my two domains
> are up. I agreed to the server change last night. It started to be
> processed at once, since I checked my bank web site and there was a
> pending charge from the hosting company. The fact that the FAQ site is
> down may have something to do with it being a 3rd level domain which
> is not supported on new plans. I was expecting it to be up since the
> two domains are supposed to be up for about 2 weeks on the old server.
> I will put the site back up as a subdomain as explained as soon as the
> hosting company has the control panel for the new server ready to go.
> Until then, those wanting the FAQs can look up Mark Lipton's monthly
> complete FAQs posted to this group as described in my first post. Most
> of the many required changes are automated these days. If everything
> goes right, about all I will have to do is load everything up to the
> new server. At least there still are some humans to call 24/7 if you
> have problems.

I have put everything on the wine Faq, with the exception of the entry
page, on one of my domains that is still up and hopefully will be up
until a new subdomain for FAQ can be put back up. See
http://www.cwdjr.info/winefaq/wine/FAQ.php . Remember this url is just
temporary and will go down after a new faq subdomain is up or the old
main domain goes down.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Thank you for the link and the explanation.

I was lurking to see if anyone had posted anything on Wine Country for
visiting and dining in Argentina or Chile.

Next year is our 30th Wedding aniversary and I am about to start planning a
trip. With the weak dollar, going to Italy or France is not something I
prefer, but might have to happen as I am more familiar with those regions
than visiting South Americas wine areas. Plus its 12 hours flight from
Charlote to Buenos Aires and I can be in Italy, France, Spain in slightly
less time I think.

Well, thanks for hosting the AFW cite.
"cwdjrxyz" > wrote in message
> [...]

> I will put the site back up as a subdomain as explained as soon as the
> hosting company has the control panel for the new server ready to go.
> Until then, those wanting the FAQs can look up Mark Lipton's monthly
> complete FAQs posted to this group as described in my first post. Most
> of the many required changes are automated these days. If everything
> goes right, about all I will have to do is load everything up to the
> new server. At least there still are some humans to call 24/7 if you
> have problems.

I have put everything on the wine Faq, with the exception of the entry
page, on one of my domains that is still up and hopefully will be up
until a new subdomain for FAQ can be put back up. See
http://www.cwdjr.info/winefaq/wine/FAQ.php . Remember this url is just
temporary and will go down after a new faq subdomain is up or the old

Posted to alt.food.wine

> Thanks Richard. Yes the wine FAQ site is down. However my two domains
> are up. I agreed to the server change last night. It started to be
> processed at once, since I checked my bank web site and there was a
> pending charge from the hosting company. The fact that the FAQ site is
> down may have something to do with it being a 3rd level domain which
> is not supported on new plans. I was expecting it to be up since the
> two domains are supposed to be up for about 2 weeks on the old server.
> I will put the site back up as a subdomain as explained as soon as the
> hosting company has the control panel for the new server ready to go.
> Until then, those wanting the FAQs can look up Mark Lipton's monthly
> complete FAQs posted to this group as described in my first post. Most
> of the many required changes are automated these days. If everything
> goes right, about all I will have to do is load everything up to the
> new server. At least there still are some humans to call 24/7 if you
> have problems.

> I have put everything on the wine Faq, with the exception of the entry
> page, on one of my domains that is still up and hopefully will be up
> until a new subdomain for FAQ can be put back up. See
> http://www.cwdjr.info/winefaq/wine/FAQ.php . Remember this url is just
> temporary and will go down after a new faq subdomain is up or the old
> main domain goes down.

Excellent! Needed to check the 'NY Finger Lakes' section to help prepare our
itinerary for an upcoming long weekend. Glad to see you have it up now (if
even temporarily).

Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf. It is appreciated.

Regards,
Jon

Alt Group Intend to Take Over This Group Bakerman Baking 4 25-06-2008 03:50 AM
I Am New To This Group [email protected] General Cooking 35 02-12-2006 08:04 PM
TO THE GROUP......... Shiver General Cooking 4 23-09-2006 04:43 PM
New to the group Lew Bryson Beer 2 28-06-2005 06:55 PM
new to the group [email protected] Sourdough 0 21-06-2005 09:10 PM