Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2001 Chambolle

Last night Betsy made a duck breast salad, callalou (apparently the
greens from the taro plant, a new one to us, we are alternates on a
CSA package), and mashed potatoes. Most days I feel like experimenting
wine-wise, sometimes I just want an old friend. Friday was the
latter. I opened the 2001 Drouhin Chambolle-Musigny. Betsy found it
acidic/tart at first, but I said "just wait." By dinner time it was
showing beautifully. Ripe red cherries and plums, a little strawberry,
framed by bright acids and a little ripe tannin. A super welterweight,
light on feet but packing a punch. Damp earth and chalky minerality
emerge over evening. Best glass is the last, 4 hours after opening.
A-/B+

*
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article
DaleW > wrote:

> Last night Betsy made a duck breast salad, callalou (apparently the
> greens from the taro plant, a new one to us, we are alternates on a
> CSA package), and mashed potatoes. Most days I feel like experimenting
> wine-wise, sometimes I just want an old friend. Friday was the
> latter. I opened the 2001 Drouhin Chambolle-Musigny. Betsy found it
> acidic/tart at first, but I said "just wait." By dinner time it was
> showing beautifully. Ripe red cherries and plums, a little strawberry,
> framed by bright acids and a little ripe tannin. A super welterweight,
> light on feet but packing a punch. Damp earth and chalky minerality
> emerge over evening. Best glass is the last, 4 hours after opening.
> A-/B+
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> *

CSA package? Confederate States of America?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 29, 7:49�pm, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> �DaleW > wrote:
> > Last night Betsy made a duck breast salad, callalou (apparently the
> > greens from the taro plant, a new one to us, we are alternates on a
> > CSA package), and mashed potatoes. Most days I feel like experimenting
> > wine-wise, sometimes I just want an old friend. �Friday was the
> > latter. I opened the 2001 Drouhin Chambolle-Musigny. Betsy found it
> > acidic/tart at first, but I said "just wait." By dinner time it was
> > showing beautifully. Ripe red cherries and plums, a little strawberry,
> > framed by bright acids and a little ripe tannin. A super welterweight,
> > light on feet but packing a punch. Damp earth and chalky �minerality
> > emerge over evening. Best glass is the last, 4 hours after opening.
> > A-/B+

> > Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> > wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> > drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> > promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
> > �

> CSA package? Confederate States of America?- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, Community Supported Agriculture. A variant on communal buying.

BTW, I suggest the movie "The Real Dirt on Farmer John" partially
about CSA. Now available on Netflix.

TN: 2001 Drouhin Chambolle DaleW Wine 0 27-02-2017 08:40 PM
TN: 10 years after, 2001 Chambolle and Tuscan DaleW Wine 4 17-10-2011 09:31 PM
TN: Chambolle and Chablis DaleW Wine 0 18-06-2010 03:28 PM
2001 Chambolle Musigny Domaine Bertheau et Fils Wilson McGramer Wine 11 17-12-2004 09:29 AM
TN: 2001 village Chambolle horizontal Dale Williams Wine 0 27-05-2004 12:30 PM