Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] Other wines in FL

A few other wines sampled at various meals during our stay in Florida.

2003 A Mano Primitivo
nose: meaty, dark fruit
palate: medium body, dark berry fruit, gamey, good acidity

I haven't had this wine since the '99, which IIRC was its inaugural
vintage. At the time, I recall thinking that it was the most Zin-like
Primitivo that I'd had, but this wine (from '03, no less!) was far less
Zin-like and much more akin to other Primitivos that I've had. Quite a
pleasant wine, and a surprise to boot. $10-12 in wine-searcher.

2006 Bonterra Sauvignon Blanc
nose: tropical fruit, citrus
palate: medium body, decent acidity, fruity, simple

From an organic producer in the Brown-Forman stable, this CA SB isn't
out of place in a lineup of Kiwi SBs, though it has a different flavor
profile from your typical Marlborough SB. $12 at the local supermarket.

2006 Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc
nose: grapefruit, minerals
palate: crisp, citrusy, minerals

Good QPR Sauvignon Blanc from a solid NZ producer now owned by
Constellation. Nothing special, but nothing to complain about, either,
and many steps above the '06 Monkey Bay tasted alongside of it. $10 at
the supermarket.

2007 Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
nose: grapefruit and cat pee
palate: crisp, medium body, good fruit

Superior to the '06 version of this wine, and again a classic but
unremarkable example of the genre. Better than a kick in the head,
though, especially with fresh seafood. $13.

Mark Lipton