Posted to alt.food.wine

Default FYI...Prices jump for real Napa grown wines...

FYI..
Rick

Prices jump for real Napa-grown wines
(http://www.pioneerlocal.com/evanston...208-s1.article)

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 13, 2:43�pm, "Rick" > wrote:
> FYI..
> Rick
>
> Prices jump for real Napa-grown wines
> (http://www.pioneerlocal.com/evanston...8430,pp-uncork...)

Huh? I would question the writer's economics. I suppose that if one
wanted to recoup ones investment in one year then 4500 bottles at $52
per bottle would equate to the estimated average cost of one acre.
I'm not sure how many business owners expect to recoup their
investment in one year though. I think this writer is way off base.
The bottom line is simple...if you make wine and sell every single
bottle every year for $75 per bottle you keep ratcheting up the price
until you don't sell every bottle. If you own a small family winery
and have worked hard for decades to make a few hundred thousand
dollars profit and a large conglomerate offers you $20 million for
your land, label and inventory...you retire wealthy.

TN: Wines from all over Europe (plus one Napa) DaleW Wine 5 15-05-2013 03:25 PM
Jump for me BillyZoom! JUMP! John Kuthe[_2_] General Cooking 5 03-01-2012 02:07 AM
HdV wines of Napa Richard Neidich Wine 7 26-02-2009 05:11 AM
Favorite Sonoma and Napa Valley wines? Agent Red Wine 6 22-07-2008 08:42 PM
TN: Thanksgiving wines from MSR, Champagne, Burgundy, and Napa DaleW Wine 0 23-11-2007 11:11 PM