Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Vino Italiano - Joseph Bastianich

Does anyone have an opinion (or has read) this book?
Vino Italiano: The Regional Wines of Italy (April 9, 2002)
by Joseph Bastianich (Author), David Lynch (Author), Lidia Matticchio
Bastianich (Contributor), Mario Batali (Contributor)

http://tinyurl.com/3fj5gq
or

http://www.amazon.com/Vino-Italiano-...ines-Italy/dp/
0609608487/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213030841
&sr=1-2

Quote:
Vino Italiano is the only comprehensive and authoritative American
guide to the wines of Italy. It surveys the country?s wine-producing
regions; identifies key wine styles, producers, and vintages; and
offers delicious regional recipes. Extensive reference materials?on
Italy?s 300 growing zones, 361 authorized grape varieties, and 200 of
the top producers? provide essential information for restaurateurs and
wine merchants, as well as for wine enthusiasts.
End quote.

19 5*; 3 4* reviews.

Sounds like an interesting read. I've no idea how Bastianich is rated
as an expert, or just a lover of wines.
Dee Dee

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Dee Dee" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have an opinion (or has read) this book?
> Vino Italiano: The Regional Wines of Italy (April 9, 2002)
> by Joseph Bastianich (Author), David Lynch (Author), Lidia Matticchio
> Bastianich (Contributor), Mario Batali (Contributor)
>

> http://tinyurl.com/3fj5gq
> or
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Vino-Italiano-...ines-Italy/dp/
> 0609608487/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213030841
> &sr=1-2
>

> Quote:
> Vino Italiano is the only comprehensive and authoritative American
> guide to the wines of Italy. It surveys the country?s wine-producing
> regions; identifies key wine styles, producers, and vintages; and
> offers delicious regional recipes. Extensive reference materials?on
> Italy?s 300 growing zones, 361 authorized grape varieties, and 200 of
> the top producers? provide essential information for restaurateurs and
> wine merchants, as well as for wine enthusiasts.
> End quote.
>
> 19 5*; 3 4* reviews.
>
> Sounds like an interesting read. I've no idea how Bastianich is rated
> as an expert, or just a lover of wines.
> Dee Dee

Did you read the reviews on Amazon? Why don't you spring for the 23.10 and
trust your own judgement?

Evan

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 10, 5:47*pm, "Evan Keel" > wrote:
> "Dee Dee" > wrote in message

> > Does anyone have an opinion (or has read) this book?
> > Vino Italiano: The Regional Wines of Italy *(April 9, 2002)
> > by Joseph Bastianich (Author), David Lynch (Author), Lidia Matticchio
> > Bastianich (Contributor), Mario Batali (Contributor)

> >http://tinyurl.com/3fj5gq
> > or

> >http://www.amazon.com/Vino-Italiano-...ines-Italy/dp/
> > 0609608487/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213030841
> > &sr=1-2

> > Quote:
> > Vino Italiano is the only comprehensive and authoritative American
> > guide to the wines of Italy. It surveys the country?s wine-producing
> > regions; identifies key wine styles, producers, and vintages; and
> > offers delicious regional recipes. Extensive reference materials?on
> > Italy?s 300 growing zones, 361 authorized grape varieties, and 200 of
> > the top producers? provide essential information for restaurateurs and
> > wine merchants, as well as for wine enthusiasts.
> > End quote.

> > 19 5*; 3 4* reviews.

> > Sounds like an interesting read. I've no idea how Bastianich is rated
> > as an expert, or just a lover of wines.
> > Dee Dee

> Did you read the reviews on Amazon? Why don't you spring for the 23.10 and
> trust your own judgement?
>
> Evan- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I did read the reviews; I was asking this group for its
opinion. I do trust my own judgment; I am asking for this group's
judgment; perhaps there may be some others that are interested in this
groups opinions - I consider most pretty informed.

"Spring" for something? Hmm -- does that suggest that I might be
cheap? Hahahahaha!

Dee Dee

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Dee Dee" > wrote in message
On Jun 10, 5:47 pm, "Evan Keel" > wrote:
> "Dee Dee" > wrote in message

> > Does anyone have an opinion (or has read) this book?
> > Vino Italiano: The Regional Wines of Italy (April 9, 2002)
> > by Joseph Bastianich (Author), David Lynch (Author), Lidia Matticchio
> > Bastianich (Contributor), Mario Batali (Contributor)

> >http://tinyurl.com/3fj5gq
> > or

> >http://www.amazon.com/Vino-Italiano-...ines-Italy/dp/
> > 0609608487/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213030841
> > &sr=1-2

> > Quote:
> > Vino Italiano is the only comprehensive and authoritative American
> > guide to the wines of Italy. It surveys the country?s wine-producing
> > regions; identifies key wine styles, producers, and vintages; and
> > offers delicious regional recipes. Extensive reference materials?on
> > Italy?s 300 growing zones, 361 authorized grape varieties, and 200 of
> > the top producers? provide essential information for restaurateurs and
> > wine merchants, as well as for wine enthusiasts.
> > End quote.

> > 19 5*; 3 4* reviews.

> > Sounds like an interesting read. I've no idea how Bastianich is rated
> > as an expert, or just a lover of wines.
> > Dee Dee

> Did you read the reviews on Amazon? Why don't you spring for the 23.10 and
> trust your own judgement?
>
> Evan- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I did read the reviews; I was asking this group for its
opinion. I do trust my own judgment; I am asking for this group's
judgment; perhaps there may be some others that are interested in this
groups opinions - I consider most pretty informed.

"Spring" for something? Hmm -- does that suggest that I might be
cheap? Hahahahaha!

Dee Dee,

Sorry Dee Dee. Didn't mean to be condesending or insulting. I was the guy
that posted the tiny URL for the wine book. I'm the cheapskate. Great read,
buy it.

Evan

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 10, 6:33*pm, "Evan Keel" > wrote:
> "Dee Dee" > wrote in message

> On Jun 10, 5:47 pm, "Evan Keel" > wrote:
>

> > "Dee Dee" > wrote in message

> > > Does anyone have an opinion (or has read) this book?
> > > Vino Italiano: The Regional Wines of Italy (April 9, 2002)
> > > by Joseph Bastianich (Author), David Lynch (Author), Lidia Matticchio
> > > Bastianich (Contributor), Mario Batali (Contributor)

> > >http://tinyurl.com/3fj5gq
> > > or

> > >http://www.amazon.com/Vino-Italiano-...ines-Italy/dp/
> > > 0609608487/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213030841
> > > &sr=1-2

> > > Quote:
> > > Vino Italiano is the only comprehensive and authoritative American
> > > guide to the wines of Italy. It surveys the country?s wine-producing
> > > regions; identifies key wine styles, producers, and vintages; and
> > > offers delicious regional recipes. Extensive reference materials?on
> > > Italy?s 300 growing zones, 361 authorized grape varieties, and 200 of
> > > the top producers? provide essential information for restaurateurs and
> > > wine merchants, as well as for wine enthusiasts.
> > > End quote.

> > > 19 5*; 3 4* reviews.

> > > Sounds like an interesting read. I've no idea how Bastianich is rated
> > > as an expert, or just a lover of wines.
> > > Dee Dee

> > Did you read the reviews on Amazon? Why don't you spring for the 23.10 and
> > trust your own judgement?

> > Evan- Hide quoted text -

> *Yes, I did read the reviews; I was asking this group for its
> opinion. *I do trust my own judgment; I am asking for this group's
> judgment; perhaps there may be some others that are interested in this
> groups opinions - I consider most pretty informed.
>
> "Spring" for something? *Hmm -- does that suggest that I might be
> cheap? *Hahahahaha!
>
> Dee Dee,
>
> Sorry Dee Dee. Didn't mean to be condesending or insulting. I was the guy
> that posted the tiny URL for the wine book. *I'm the cheapskate. Great read,
> buy it.
>
> Evan- Hide quoted text -

OK, I'm glad you liked it. It looks good to me, too. Thanks for your
response.
Dee Dee

Ahh Italiano! [email protected] General Cooking 25 14-12-2010 03:05 AM
Lidia Bastianich's Traditioinal grill Mark Thorson General Cooking 0 17-11-2007 03:30 AM
Lidia Bastianich's Traditioinal grill Sheldon General Cooking 0 16-11-2007 11:37 PM
VINO ITALIANO federico Wine 0 25-10-2004 08:35 PM
wine italy (vino Italiano) art impresa Wine 0 14-03-2004 06:14 PM