Posted to alt.food.wine

Default FAQ Bourgogne v.0.9 [LONG]

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:

<SNIP>

Many, many thanks for this, Nils. There's a ton of useful information
here, and with a little reformatting should fit nicely into the wine
tourism section. The one addition that I feel is needed is a general
introduction to Bourgogne: division into Côtes de
Nuits/Beaune/Chalonnais/Mconnais, names of villages, discussion of
vineyards (morcellation, GC/PC/village/generic classifications) in
addition to your excellent advice about visiting vignerons. I'd be
happy to write the extraneous verbiage unless you'd prefer to do it.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 4, 12:01�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Many, many thanks for this, Nils. �There's a ton of useful information
> here, and with a little reformatting should fit nicely into the wine
> tourism section. �The one addition that I feel is needed is a general
> introduction to Bourgogne: division into C�tes de
> Nuits/Beaune/Chalonnais/M�connais, names of villages, discussion of
> vineyards (morcellation, GC/PC/village/generic classifications) in
> addition to your excellent advice about visiting vignerons. �I'd be
> happy to write the extraneous verbiage unless you'd prefer to do it.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: �http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com

I thought I knew a little about Burgundy, but the word morcellation is
totally new to me! I must read this FAQ when its out!
Posted to alt.food.wine

Mike Tommasi wrote:

>> I thought I knew a little about Burgundy, but the word morcellation is
>> totally new to me! I must read this FAQ when its out!

> I think it's a very elegant example of "franglais" that Nils is offering
> us. "Morceler" is the french verb describing when something gets
> parceled or split into small bits. From there to the english neologism
> "morcelation" was a very short step for our polyglot scandic friend. And
> very clever indeed, a hybrid of french "morceler" and the english
> "parcel". Brilliant. But should have head examined by a shrink.

Please don't blame Nils for this, Mike. 'Twas little ol' monoglot moi,
employing a term that I've encountered before, describing the division
of a vineyard into smaller parcels owned by different individuals. It's
actually valid English, believe it or not, usually used in a medical
context, but also found in vinous context, as in this example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_Lynch-Moussas

Sorry! I didn't realize how obscure the term was...

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Mark Lipton" > skrev i meddelandet
> Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Many, many thanks for this, Nils. There's a ton of useful information
> here, and with a little reformatting should fit nicely into the wine
> tourism section. The one addition that I feel is needed is a general
> introduction to Bourgogne: division into Côtes de
> Nuits/Beaune/Chalonnais/Mconnais, names of villages, discussion of
> vineyards (morcellation, GC/PC/village/generic classifications) in
> addition to your excellent advice about visiting vignerons. I'd be happy
> to write the extraneous verbiage unless you'd prefer to do it.

Mark, thank you for your kind words.
In fact, concerning your suggestion, I had started on that when I got the
impression that it was, strictloy speaking, not called for - however, I wil
gladly delve into that, will not take long I think - we are having a holiday
so there might be some spare time.

Cheers

Nils

Posted to alt.food.wine

<...> Sorry about thinking it was Nils. Besides why would he need a shrink?

A shrink? Moi? _I_ wouldn't have anything to do with a shrink. _I_ know
exactly how barmy they can get. Physicians are a strange crowd at best, one
should have as little as possible to do with them; the psychiatrists are the
worst of the lot.
<winks HUGELY>
Cheers
Nils

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 4, 1:26 pm, "Nils Gustaf Lindgren"
> wrote:
> <...> Sorry about thinking it was Nils. Besides why would he need a shrink?
>
> A shrink? Moi? _I_ wouldn't have anything to do with a shrink. _I_ know
> exactly how barmy they can get. Physicians are a strange crowd at best, one
> should have as little as possible to do with them; the psychiatrists are the
> worst of the lot.
> <winks HUGELY>

I have not known any shrinks well. For the most part they seemed
rather normal, but who can tell what they might do in private :-).
However I knew two children of shrinks in college, one male and one
female. Oh my, I guess a polite description of them would be "very
liberated".

Posted to alt.food.wine

> However I knew two children of shrinks in college, one male and one
> female. Oh my, I guess a polite description of them would be "very
> liberated".

_OUR_ children are, in fact, very well behaved and quite normal.

Except for the unfortunate incidents concerning hamsters.

Nils
Posted to alt.food.wine

cwdjrxyz wrote:
<snip>

> I have not known any shrinks well.

Not exactly a shrink story, but many years ago in a previous life
my now ex and I went to a marriage counselor. After hearing him talk
about the problems he and his wife were having we spent most of the
session giving him advice ... then he sent us a bill.
Back around the same time, we had a wacko neighbor who wanted to
become a psychiatrist - probably to try to figure out herself.

Dick R.
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Mike Tommasi" > skrev i meddelandet
> Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
>>
>> Except for the unfortunate incidents concerning hamsters.

> There was more than one incident?

Don't ask.

FAQ Bourgogne Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] Wine 15 12-08-2008 02:21 AM
TN: Saumur, MSR, and one big Bourgogne PTG DaleW Wine 4 01-05-2008 09:12 PM
[FAQ] Bourgogne Nils Gustaf Lindgren Wine 5 01-10-2006 05:59 PM
TN: '00 Bourgogne, '95 CdP DaleW Wine 7 27-09-2006 10:12 AM
[OT] Bourgogne, anyone? Nils Gustaf Lindgren Wine 11 18-10-2003 12:49 PM