Posted to alt.food.wine

Default "Hard as it may be to accept, pleasure is not the measure of finewine."

The following article says:

- Hard as it may be to accept, pleasure is not the measure of fine
wine. Rather, the best measure judges complexity, finesse, cohesion of
flavors, and an indefinable but unmistakable sense of originality.

http://www.nysun.com/food-drink/beyo...-i-dont/53608/
Posted to alt.food.wine

Bravo to that.

Pleasure is purely subjective, and susceptible to the 'dumbing down'
effect of the inexperienced marketplace. The other qualities menioned,
and possible a few more, can be evaluated more objectively by an
experienced palate.

On 2008-05-21 03:10:33 -0700, "
> said:

> The following article says:
>
> - Hard as it may be to accept, pleasure is not the measure of fine
> wine. Rather, the best measure judges complexity, finesse, cohesion of
> flavors, and an indefinable but unmistakable sense of originality.
>
> http://www.nysun.com/food-drink/beyo...-i-dont/53608/

Posted to alt.food.wine

> wrote in message
> The following article says:
>
> - Hard as it may be to accept, pleasure is not the measure of fine
> wine. Rather, the best measure judges complexity, finesse, cohesion of
> flavors, and an indefinable but unmistakable sense of originality.
>
> http://www.nysun.com/food-drink/beyo...-i-dont/53608/

One of my garden design tutors said: "The best design engages the intellect
as well as the senses" & I think that applies in all fields. The quote
simply says that (in the wine context) in a different way.

pk