Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '96 Font de Michelle CdP blanc

Had this with line caught sea bass, simply grilled over a wood fire with
good Nyons olive oil and gros sel.

This was a better year for whites than reds in CdP.

Quiet but elegant nose, nuts, lemon and flowers. In the mouth, more of
the same, with
sandlewood and kiwi overtones, quite racy, good but not extraordinary
length. As it
opened (and warmed a little, I think it was a bit cold to begin with)
more walnut and
melon appeared.

A medium weight contender for sure, but lots of pleasure in the bottle
and a perfect
match for the delicate fish. Drink or hold, I think.

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 18, 12:56�am, Emery Davis > wrote:
> Had this with line caught sea bass, simply grilled over a wood fire with
> good Nyons olive oil and gros sel.
>
> This was a better year for whites than reds in CdP.
>
> Quiet but elegant nose, nuts, lemon and flowers. �In the mouth, more of
> the same, with
> sandlewood and kiwi overtones, quite racy, good but not extraordinary
> length. �As it
> opened (and warmed a little, I think it was a bit cold to begin with)
> more walnut and
> melon appeared.
>
> A medium weight contender for sure, but lots of pleasure in the bottle
> and a perfect
> match for the delicate fish. �Drink or hold, I think.
>
> -E

I have a couple of white Rhones to drink up, do you think grilled
whitefleshed fish is generally a good match?
Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:
> On May 18, 12:56�am, Emery Davis > wrote:
>> Had this with line caught sea bass, simply grilled over a wood fire with
>> good Nyons olive oil and gros sel.
>>
>> This was a better year for whites than reds in CdP.
>>
>> Quiet but elegant nose, nuts, lemon and flowers. �In the mouth, more of
>> the same, with
>> sandlewood and kiwi overtones, quite racy, good but not extraordinary
>> length. �As it
>> opened (and warmed a little, I think it was a bit cold to begin with)
>> more walnut and
>> melon appeared.
>>
>> A medium weight contender for sure, but lots of pleasure in the bottle
>> and a perfect
>> match for the delicate fish. �Drink or hold, I think.
>>
>> -E

> I have a couple of white Rhones to drink up, do you think grilled
> whitefleshed fish is generally a good match?

Hi Dale,

I guess I do. Remembering that this is not Patagonian anything but real
sea bass,
(bar) and so has a very delicate flavor. So it seemed like a safe bet
with the older
white. Younger Rhone whites might stand up very well to stronger
flavors like
lobster, on the other hand, IMHO.

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 17, 11:56�pm, Emery Davis > wrote:
> Had this with line caught sea bass, simply grilled over a wood fire with
> good Nyons olive oil and gros sel.
>
> This was a better year for whites than reds in CdP.
>
> Quiet but elegant nose, nuts, lemon and flowers. �In the mouth, more of
> the same, with
> sandlewood and kiwi overtones, quite racy, good but not extraordinary
> length. �As it
> opened (and warmed a little, I think it was a bit cold to begin with)
> more walnut and
> melon appeared.
>
> A medium weight contender for sure, but lots of pleasure in the bottle
> and a perfect
> match for the delicate fish. �Drink or hold, I think.
>
> -E

After just returning from Champagne and Burgundy I've just experienced
line caught Bar in a variety of preps but yours actually sounds better
than any I've had in the past two weeks. I loke the idea of a CdP
blanc with Bar.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Emery Davis > wrote in
:

> DaleW wrote:
>
> I guess I do. Remembering that this is not Patagonian anything but
> real sea bass,
> (bar) and so has a very delicate flavor. So it seemed like a safe bet
> with the older
> white. Younger Rhone whites might stand up very well to stronger
> flavors like
> lobster, on the other hand, IMHO.
>
> -E

Emery,

I obviously was not there (I wish I was), but I can see the Blanc CdP with
a grilled wild turbot, but would go with something a bit lighter for wild
bar, which is more about delicacy as you say.

All the best,

s.