Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Terroir Vino

[Thanks to Mike Tommasi for translation]

I'd like to invite you to Terroir Vino 2008.

Here some details :

Terroir Vino was created by the press office of TigullioVino.it. This wine
portal, created in April 2000, has become the reference for wine and food
information on the Web in Italy. The project consists in presenting to the
trade press, professionals and to our readers, a top selection of winemakers
and wines resulting from the choices made over the last few years by our
panel of tasters. In particular, among all the wines tasted, this selection
rewards winemakers and wines that, beyond their high quality level and
excellent quality-price ratio, have also managed to impart a strong emotion,
and the respect of their grape varieties or their terroir. In other words
not necessarily or not only "trendy wines" or "top flight wines", but rather
wines that deserve attention for their quality, originality and ease of
drinking.

After the success of the first three Meetings, which took place in some of
the most beautiful locations of the Riviera, with this Fourth edition we are
taking a gamble. The meeting is moving to the Palazzo Ducale, the Ducal
Palace, one of the most prestigious historical buildings in Genova, which
will probably become the permanent site of our event. Our motto, "where
wine, people and the web meet", underscores the need to stimulate
communication and feedback between winemakers, professionals, consumers and
independent media ; this year we added the title, terroir vino, in an effort
to bring about a common ground for dialogue and exchanges between
viticultural areas.

The wineries that we invite to participate in this event are part of what we
call our quality circle, and represent the best wines tasted by our panel.
New exhibitors get added to the quality circle every year, but our panel
also verifies the continued eligibility of companies that have participated
in previous editions. Wineries that are reconfirmed receive, each year, the
Winery Prize for constant quality, while new wineries are given awards for
wines that qualified either for absolute quality or quality-price ratio.

All details and exhibitors :
http://meeting.tigulliovino.it

Press accreditation :
http://www.tigulliovino.it/meeting/t...ito_stampa.htm

Other professionals accreditation:
http://www.tigulliovino.it/meeting/t..._operatori.htm

See you in Genova

Bye, Fil

Terroir and blends Dee Dovey Wine 33 22-12-2009 09:49 PM
So much for terroir Martin Field Wine 16 18-03-2008 07:26 AM
Logic of terroir Max Hauser Wine 16 16-04-2007 10:44 AM
FT: Stop the war on terroir Sufaud Wine 0 30-08-2004 10:53 AM
Sancerre and terroir Tom S Wine 16 23-04-2004 01:53 PM