FoodBanter.com

-   -   Carnival of Love (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/152759-carnival-love.html)

Lee H 02-04-2008 12:03 AM

Carnival of Love

I was given two bottles of this for my birthday and have put them away
in the cabinet unopened.Does anyone know about the the taste?I dont like
sweet wine and would guess someone on here should know.I was told to
hold on to it .They,re Australian from Molly Dooker Vineyards-2005 and
2006.
Thanks,Lee

From the people at Lovecraft Foods:
"Cthuloops"-sometimes you eat the cereal,sometimes it eats you.
"More people in the U.S. die from too much food than too little"-----

Joseph Coulter[_3_] 02-04-2008 01:38 AM

Carnival of Love

(Lee H) wrote in news:16907-47F2BF50-431@storefull-
3132.bay.webtv.net:

> I was given two bottles of this for my birthday and have put them away
> in the cabinet unopened.Does anyone know about the the taste?I dont like
> sweet wine and would guess someone on here should know.I was told to
> hold on to it .They,re Australian from Molly Dooker Vineyards-2005 and
> 2006.
> Thanks,Lee
>
> From the people at Lovecraft Foods:
> "Cthuloops"-sometimes you eat the cereal,sometimes it eats you.
> "More people in the U.S. die from too much food than too little"-----

Big, bold and kicking. lots of fruit, lots of oak, Actually I have never
had this but still have over half a bottle of another Mollydooker that was
just too much for me. If you like Big Big wines this is a good one, if you
like restraint and a little finesse, . . .

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Lee H 02-04-2008 03:33 AM

Carnival of Love

Carnival of Love

Group: alt.food.wine Date: Tue, Apr 1, 2008, 7:38pm (EDT-1) From:
(Joseph*Coulter) Wrote:

>>Big, bold and kicking. lots of fruit, lots of oak, Actually I have

never had this but still have over half a bottle of another Mollydooker
that was just too much for me. If you like Big Big wines this is a good
one, if you like restraint and a little finesse, . . <<.
--
Joseph Coulter

Oh geez,fruity wines are not my thing
Im more the restraint and finesse type..dry.dry wines,occassionally
Burgundy.It was a gift so I didnt want any hurt feelngs,so I,ll put it
away rather than waste it.Perhaps I can regift it somewhere down the
road....I heard some whre selling on ebay and some years sell for more
and were collectable,whatever that may mean...oh heck Ill just
regift...Thanks for the heads up,LEE

From the people at Lovecraft Foods:

Lee H 02-04-2008 03:40 AM

Carnival of Love-Joe

Joe-What would you sugest for restraint and finesse?I,m not a wine
expert,so Im open to suggestions.Its been a while since Ive bought
any,but do recall a jug burgundy years ao that was to die for.I recall
cooking a roast beef with it also..cant remember,but it was very
mellow,not harsh...Thanks Lee

From the people at Lovecraft Foods:

Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] 02-04-2008 02:43 PM

Carnival of Love

In article >,
(Lee H) wrote:

> I was given two bottles of this for my birthday and have put them away
> in the cabinet unopened.Does anyone know about the the taste?I dont like
> sweet wine and would guess someone on here should know.I was told to
> hold on to it .They,re Australian from Molly Dooker Vineyards-2005 and
> 2006.
> Thanks,Lee
>
> From the people at Lovecraft Foods:
> "Cthuloops"-sometimes you eat the cereal,sometimes it eats you.
> "More people in the U.S. die from too much food than too little"-----

Mollydooker wines are just way too over the top for my tastes. Tastes
like Raspberry jam with grape soda over the top. They are seductive and
this is one type of Oz wine that many people like. These do not hold
well so I usually recommend drinking them up by 3-5 years of age.