Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Chablis, Felton Rd. Chinon.

Friends round for supper last night

with chicken terrine
2005 Alain Gautheron Chablis 1er Cru Les Fourneaux
Pale gold, bright and viscous with even a greenish tinge, restrained mineral
nose with some butteriness. Good fruit and acidity all in balance, quite
long. A stunning wine at 12 Euros at the cellar door. I will be getting the
2006.

with Lancashire hot pot.
Felton Road Pinot Noir, Otago, 2006. The basic wine, I have some block 3 to
try later this year,
Deep brick but bright and a stuuner in the glass. A wonderful ****pot pinot
nose with berry fruit, soft entrance with great rounded tannins and SO much
fruit. An absoliutley stunning wine at the price of GBP 16

with cheese
Chinon,Charles Joguet, cuvee terroir 2005. These notes are written on Sunday
afternoon with a glass of this wine in hand, the dregs from last night.
Is this really a Loire red? Portlike colour with huge extract, deep red
legs. A gentle restrained Cab franc nose with a hint of claret about it. I
would swear this was fine young claret. Big hit of acid and fruit, tannins
puckering, drinkable now but try again one year. A revelation.

JT

Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Chablis, Felton Rd. Chinon.

> Chinon,Charles Joguet, cuvee terroir 2005. These notes are written on
> Sunday afternoon with a glass of this wine in hand, the dregs from last
> night.
> Is this really a Loire red? Portlike colour with huge extract, deep red
> legs. A gentle restrained Cab franc nose with a hint of claret about it. I
> would swear this was fine young claret. Big hit of acid and fruit, tannins
> puckering, drinkable now but try again one year. A revelation.

PS when finally drained the bottle, big sediment thrown already.

I do not think I have ever decanted a young Loire red.

John T

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 2, 11:45�am, "John T" > wrote:
> Friends round for supper last night
>
> with chicken terrine
> 2005 Alain Gautheron Chablis 1er Cru Les Fourneaux
> Pale gold, bright and viscous with even a greenish tinge, restrained mineral
> nose with some butteriness. Good fruit and acidity all in balance, quite
> long. A stunning wine at 12 Euros at the cellar door. I will be getting the
> 2006.
>
> with Lancashire hot pot.
> Felton Road Pinot Noir, Otago, 2006. The basic wine, I have some block 3 to
> try later this year,
> Deep brick but bright and a stuuner in the glass. A wonderful ****pot pinot
> nose with berry fruit, soft entrance with great rounded tannins and SO much
> fruit. An absoliutley stunning wine at the price of GBP 16
>
> with cheese
> Chinon,Charles Joguet, cuvee terroir 2005. These notes are written on Sunday
> afternoon with a glass of this wine in hand, the dregs from last night.
> Is this really a Loire red? Portlike colour with huge extract, deep red
> legs. A gentle restrained Cab franc nose with a hint of claret about it. I
> would swear this was fine young claret. Big hit of acid and fruit, tannins
> puckering, drinkable now but try again one year. A revelation.
>
> JT

2005 is a very good year for Loire reds from what I've tasted. Plenty
of ripeness and heft, but without flabbiness. And Joguet makes very
"serious" Chinon. Thanks for notes.

TN: Chinon white and pink, German Rieslings, Chablis, Macon, Rioja, etc DaleW Wine 1 14-09-2015 09:10 PM
Chinon Gordon MacPherson Wine 3 20-05-2014 04:58 PM
TN: Fine value in Chinon DaleW Wine 0 19-10-2009 05:07 PM
TN Felton Road 2005 JT Wine 1 24-12-2006 11:21 AM
Sassicaia, La Lagune, Mann, Felton Road..... Bill S. Wine 6 27-10-2005 12:53 AM