FoodBanter.com

-   -   1966 Chateau Latour (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/149807-1966-chateau-latour.html)

Professor[_3_] 25-02-2008 03:02 PM

1966 Chateau Latour

I have a friend who is pooling his resources and willing to part with a
bottle of 1966 Chateau Latour Grand Cru for $400. It appears this wine
typically sells for more online but he has no experience in this field. I
invite advice anyone might have on how best to sell a bottle like this one.

DaleW 25-02-2008 03:10 PM

1966 Chateau Latour

On Feb 25, 10:02�am, "Professor" > wrote:
> I have a friend who is pooling his resources and willing to part with a
> bottle of 1966 Chateau Latour Grand Cru for $400. �It appears this wine
> typically sells for more online but he has no experience in this field. �I
> invite advice anyone might have on how best to sell a bottle like this one..

easiest is to try winebid.com or winecommune.com. Price one gets is
dependent on bottle condition

Mark Lipton[_1_] 25-02-2008 05:53 PM

1966 Chateau Latour

Professor wrote:
> I have a friend who is pooling his resources and willing to part with a
> bottle of 1966 Chateau Latour Grand Cru for $400. It appears this wine
> typically sells for more online but he has no experience in this field. I
> invite advice anyone might have on how best to sell a bottle like this one.

Will any of the retailers in the area sell it on consignment or just
outright buy it? Normally, single bottle sales aren't very attractive,
but for a bottle like that he might get some interest.

Mark Lipton

[email protected] 25-02-2008 09:36 PM

1966 Chateau Latour

On Feb 25, 10:10 am, DaleW > wrote:
> On Feb 25, 10:02�am, "Professor" > wrote:
>
> > I have a friend who is pooling his resources and willing to part with a
> > bottle of 1966 Chateau Latour Grand Cru for $400. �It appears this wine
> > typically sells for more online but he has no experience in this field. �I
> > invite advice anyone might have on how best to sell a bottle like this one.

> easiest is to try winebid.com or winecommune.com. Price one gets is
> dependent on bottle condition

Beware, Professor is a troll and has been kicked off of google
before....