Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Valpolicella 04 Zenato

Friday night is pizza night so I pulled out a 04 Valpolicella. Good this is
good, with a slight bitterness that suggests ripe olives but a full and
earthy flavor that evokes Italian. This is pretty good stuff and less than
I would guess. 11.99US per.
--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Posted to alt.food.wine

Joseph Coulter wrote:
> Friday night is pizza night so I pulled out a 04 Valpolicella. Good this is
> good, with a slight bitterness that suggests ripe olives but a full and
> earthy flavor that evokes Italian. This is pretty good stuff and less than
> I would guess. 11.99US per.

Zenato is one of my favorite producers of Valpolicella and always
reasonably priced. This was their Valpolicella Classico,I presume?
FWIW, I first had it dining with my in-laws in a small Italian joint in
Flagler County -- small world!

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

Mark Lipton > wrote in :

> Joseph Coulter wrote:
>> Friday night is pizza night so I pulled out a 04 Valpolicella. Good
>> this is good, with a slight bitterness that suggests ripe olives but
>> a full and earthy flavor that evokes Italian. This is pretty good
>> stuff and less than I would guess. 11.99US per.

> Zenato is one of my favorite producers of Valpolicella and always
> reasonably priced. This was their Valpolicella Classico,I presume?
> FWIW, I first had it dining with my in-laws in a small Italian joint
> in Flagler County -- small world!
>
> Mark Lipton

It was Superiore no mention of Classico. What I like about it is the
slight bitterness which initially reminded me of olives but also of the
potential for the wines of this region to grow up and be Amarone

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Posted to alt.food.wine

Hi there,

if you have a chance, try the Ripassa from Zenato.
We have only 2005 of Valpolicella, sorry:-)

Matthias