Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2001 Lafaurie-Peyraugey

Last night we had dinner at sister-in-law's, along with some mutual
friends. Bro-in-law made a Thai oriented dinner, with:
crudites with peanut sauce
coconut shrimp (a dish I always hate in restaurants,but this was good)
with a red curry and lime sauce
tom yum goong
pad thai
a curry with salmon, shrimp, and baby bok choy
I just had beer with dinner. After dinner however he opened a 375 of
dessert wine, actually one I had given him, and I was happy to sample
as mine sleep:

2001 Lafaurie- Peyraguey (Sauternes)
This is waaaaaaaay young, but very tasty. Rich tropical fruit accented
with poire William, rich accents of orange zest, caramel, and coconut.
Rich sweetness, quite intense, but there is an acidic backbone. There
is a slight bitter edge to the orange/tangerine notes, which I find
quite appealing. Excellent length, concentration. Will check again in
5 years, but I plan on having some of these in 2021/2031 for our 20th
and 30th anniversaries (and even 40th if doing well at previous
landmarks). A-
*
promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency