Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 1997 Gaja Sori Tilden

I spent the weekend at our farm in southwestern Ohio doing a little
late season archery hunting to thin out the doe population. For
dinner we used the last of this years dried morels and made a morel
and chestnut rissoto served with grilled boar loin. Started with a
bottle of NV Gimonnet Brut Blanc de Blanc ($30.00) Nice fizz, sweet
pear fruit a bit short but a nice apertif wine. WIth dinner I opened
a 1997 Gaja Sori Tilden. Still very dark reddish purple with very
youthful aromas of ripe red and black raspberries and flowers. Rich
on the palate with a medium heavy mouthfeel. Tons of ripe cherry
fruit with notes of violets and cassis. Very complex yet still far
too young. I'd wait at least another five years before popping
another one. A profound wine. A+
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Bi!!" > wrote:

> Subject: 1997 Gaja Sori Tilden
>
> ... 1997 Gaja Sori Tilden ...

<spellcheckermode>

It's Tild_i_n, not Tilden.

To Be exact, there are two acute accents in the name of the wine:
Sorí Tildín, the accents indicating the stress on the second
syllable of each word.

</spellcheckermode>

M.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 31, 7:01�am, Michael Pronay > wrote:
> "Bi!!" > wrote:
> > Subject: 1997 Gaja Sori Tilden

> > ... 1997 Gaja Sori Tilden ...

> <spellcheckermode>
>
> It's Tild_i_n, not Tilden.
>
> To Be exact, there are two acute accents in the name of the wine:
> Sor� Tild�n, the accents indicating the stress on the second
> syllable of each word.
>
> </spellcheckermode>
>
> M.

Sorry about the spelling error. Most English keyboards do not have the
accents readily available.
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Bi!!" > wrote:

>> It's Tild_i_n, not Tilden.
>>
>> To Be exact, there are two acute accents in the name of the
>> wine: Sorí Tildín, the accents indicating the stress on the
>> second syllable of each word.

> Sorry about the spelling error.

No problem, but this one is one of the most frequent besides
"reisling".

> Most English keyboards do not have the accents readily available.

I know, and it was just an aside remark.

Btw, there is a very fine shareware program called "AllChars",
download for free at <http://allchars.zwolnet.com>, for all these
accents & special characters one might need.

M.

1996 Elia Pasquesro Barbaresco Sori Paitin Bi!! Wine 0 08-05-2012 03:42 PM
Gaja and Grange Bill S. Wine 8 08-03-2011 06:49 PM
TN:Gaja Costa Russi 1997 Bi!! Wine 7 09-02-2007 10:50 PM
Redigaffi2000 Sori Gaja97 Montelodoletta97Ornellaia98 renato Wine 0 31-05-2006 06:57 PM
1997 Gaja Tasting RV WRLee Wine 6 03-09-2004 05:13 PM