FoodBanter.com

-   -   2001 Chateau Lynch Bages (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/142761-2001-chateau-lynch-bages.html)

Bi!! 10-12-2007 03:00 PM

2001 Chateau Lynch Bages

Lynch Bages is a wine that I generally buy every year. I found the
2001 Lynch Bages on close-out last year and bought a case for $42/
bottle a year or so ago. I opened one last night with dinner to see
where the wine stood. The wine was dark purple with a medium weight
in the glass. Nose of cassis, lead lencil, cedar and anise. Quite
smooth on the palate with moderate fruit and a nice core of acidity.
Blackberry, black cherry, a touch of espresso and anise and a bit of
wood and stones on the finish. Moderate tannins. I'd give the wine a
few more years to fully flesh out but it's drinking well now. B+