Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Macon, Kremstal, Morgon

With supermarket rotisserie chicken, leftover risotto, and deli
coleslaw (why oh why do they have to make so sweet!), a hlaf bottle of
the 2005 Domaine des Souchon Morgon. Juicy ripe Gamay, not the most
distinctive version, but certainly servicable. Good, but I'd just as
soon pay a bit more for a Brun, Desvignes, or Foillard. Although the
375 is nice. B-

With a pork chop braised in white wine and garlic, and more leftover
risotto, the 2006 Nigl Kremser Freiheit Gruner Veltliner. Ripe but
with good acidity, clear GV character of white pepper and a hint of
green peas over sharp apple fruit. Good length for the level, a very
good GV. Screwcap's a bonus! B+/B

Betsy made a quick bouillabaisse last night, I went in search of rosé
in the cellar and discovered I've finished all the still ones this
summer. Ack! So opened the 2005 Jean Manciat "Franclieu" Macon-
Charnay. Clean Chardonnay fruit of red apples with a little flinty
note, a funny hint of grass that reminds me of SB. Nice ripeness, but
I think I preferred some zippier previous vintages. Still, this is
quite nice for the price. B

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency

Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW > wrote:

> With a pork chop braised in white wine and garlic, and more
> leftover risotto, the 2006 Nigl Kremser Freiheit Gruner
> Veltliner. Ripe but with good acidity, clear GV character of
> white pepper and a hint of green peas over sharp apple fruit.
> Good length for the level, a very good GV. Screwcap's a bonus!
> B+/B

JFTMOR: "Freiheit" - coming lately as quite a popular designation
with a village/commune name - is *not* a vineyard designation, but
simply says: "It comes from the area of a given village/commune."

So Nigl's "Kremser Freiheit" says that it has been grown in
vineyards within the City of Krems.

M.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Oct 13, 4:09?pm, Michael Pronay > wrote:
> DaleW > wrote:
> > With a pork chop braised in white wine and garlic, and more
> > leftover risotto, the 2006 Nigl Kremser Freiheit Gruner
> > Veltliner. Ripe but with good acidity, clear GV character of
> > white pepper and a hint of green peas over sharp apple fruit.
> > Good length for the level, a very good GV. Screwcap's a bonus!
> > B+/B

> JFTMOR: "Freiheit" - coming lately as quite a popular designation
> with a village/commune name - is *not* a vineyard designation, but
> simply says: "It comes from the area of a given village/commune."
>
> So Nigl's "Kremser Freiheit" says that it has been grown in
> vineyards within the City of Krems.
>
> M.

Thanks Michael. Is this an estate or negociant wine? In any case, very
good quality for the "basic" level.

Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW > wrote:

>> So Nigl's "Kremser Freiheit" says that it has been grown
>> in vineyards within the City of Krems.

> Thanks Michael. Is this an estate or negociant wine?

Sorry Dale, but I don't know. In fact, nobody really cares,
since it says "Nigl" and meets the expectations.

> In any case, very good quality for the "basic" level.

Exactly.

M.