Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

Default Attn: WINDOWS users

In article >, Sandman
> wrote:

> In article >,
> "zara" > wrote:

[blah,blah]

> Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D

Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of them.

Thanks!

--
Jim Gibson

http://www.usenet.com
Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

On Oct 11, 5:48 am, DanKegel > wrote:

> > > I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
> > > in the Mac newsgroups.

> > > That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come close
> > > to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe that
> > > the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.

> > Can you suggest any real good wines that are not expensive?

> Sure. Ever heard of two-buck Chuck?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Shaw_wine

Eesh. Hangover in a bottle. Avoid. Save a few pennies and spring
for this:

http://www.wine-club-central.com/detail.aspx?ID=8103

Or this:

http://www.shopritewines.com/sku00982.html

Or if you want to go the pinot noir route, try these:

http://www.stinnocentwine.com/NewFiles/pnth05.html

http://winegeeks.com/wines/1339

http://www.northwest-wine.com/domain...noir-2000.html

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

"Jim Gibson" > wrote in message
. ..
> In article >, Sandman
> > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> "zara" > wrote:
>>

> [blah,blah]
>

>> Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D

> Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of them.

NEWSFLASH!!! He doesn't want to "get rid" of us. We give his sad, little,
tawdry life, meaning. Like all the rest of you Macfish. I would say that
it's a good symbiotic relationship. Some of you want to be abused - we
want to abuse you. We are after all, only trying to make you happy. At
great cost to us, I might add.

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

"Sandman" > wrote in message

>> > How did it make your mind feel?

>> How strange "Foreigners" are.

> Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D

So something "senseless" makes "sense" to you?

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

In article >,
Jim Gibson > wrote:

> > Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D

> Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of them.
>
> Thanks!

We should not get rid of them. Responding to trolls such as zara and
Muahman is what we should do here, to keep them out of the real Mac
groups.

--
Sandman[.net]

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

In article >,
"zara" > wrote:

> "Jim Gibson" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > In article >, Sandman
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> In article >,
> >> "zara" > wrote:
> >>

> > [blah,blah]
> >

> >> Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D

> > Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of them.

> NEWSFLASH!!! He doesn't want to "get rid" of us. We give his sad, little,
> tawdry life, meaning.

My, you described my life 100%. I feel so sad and hurt right now. You
really nailed it. I'm hurting. Please somebody help me. I'm just a
shadow of my former self.

I'm crying...

--
Sandman[.net]
Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

In article >,
"zara" > wrote:

> >> How strange "Foreigners" are.

> > Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D

> So something "senseless" makes "sense" to you?

Whoa! What a comeback! You really slapped me in the face with that
one, zara! Damn you're good at this. How could I ever compete with
your superior wit?

Damn, do I feel humiliated or what?

--
Sandman[.net]
Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

On 2007-10-11 05:43:53 -0700, "zara" > said:

> HAR, HAR, HAR - a real thigh slapper. Your newsreader must be broken,
> you didn't get to see the whole of my response. How many Martini's do
> you suck down with Lovie before dinner? How many before?

I don't drink alcohol, Zero. Back in high school, I looked around and
saw that the kids who did drink tended to make asses of themselves
(rather like you and prat do here), so I declined to participate.

-jcr

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

"John C. Randolph" > wrote in message
> On 2007-10-11 05:43:53 -0700, "zara" > said:
>
>> HAR, HAR, HAR - a real thigh slapper. Your newsreader must be broken,
>> you didn't get to see the whole of my response. How many Martini's do
>> you suck down with Lovie before dinner? How many before?

> I don't drink alcohol, Zero. Back in high school, I looked around and saw
> that the kids who did drink tended to make asses of themselves (rather
> like you and prat do here), so I declined to participate.

Oh - drugs. That explains a lot.

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

"Sandman" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "zara" > wrote:
>
>> "Jim Gibson" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>> > In article >, Sandman

>> > [blah,blah]

>> > Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of
>> > them.

>> NEWSFLASH!!! He doesn't want to "get rid" of us. We give his sad,
>> little,
>> tawdry life, meaning.

> My, you described my life 100%. I feel so sad and hurt right now. You
> really nailed it. I'm hurting. Please somebody help me. I'm just a
> shadow of my former self.

You got it backwards. You're supposed to feel happy. I am trying hard to
help you.

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

"Sandman" > wrote in message

>> > Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D

>> So something "senseless" makes "sense" to you?

> Whoa! What a comeback! You really slapped me in the face with that
> one, zara! Damn you're good at this. How could I ever compete with
> your superior wit?

Keep trying. "Practice makes perfect".

> Damn, do I feel humiliated or what?

Don't. It's only part of the "learning experience". Very similar to the
"mac experience".

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

In article >,
"zara" > wrote:

> "Sandman" > wrote in message

> >> So something "senseless" makes "sense" to you?

> > Whoa! What a comeback! You really slapped me in the face with that
> > one, zara! Damn you're good at this. How could I ever compete with
> > your superior wit?

> Keep trying. "Practice makes perfect".
> >
> > Damn, do I feel humiliated or what?

> Don't. It's only part of the "learning experience". Very similar to the
> "mac experience".

Damn, you used quote marks! What to do? What to do?

--
Sandman[.net]
Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

In article >,
"zara" > wrote:

> "John C. Randolph" > wrote in message
> > On 2007-10-11 05:43:53 -0700, "zara" > said:
> >
> >> HAR, HAR, HAR - a real thigh slapper. Your newsreader must be broken,
> >> you didn't get to see the whole of my response. How many Martini's do
> >> you suck down with Lovie before dinner? How many before?

> > I don't drink alcohol, Zero. Back in high school, I looked around and saw
> > that the kids who did drink tended to make asses of themselves (rather
> > like you and prat do here), so I declined to participate.

> Oh - drugs. That explains a lot.

You still here? Do run away and play, sonny, there's a good boy.
Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

"Tim Streater" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "zara" > wrote:
>
>> "John C. Randolph" > wrote in message

>> > I don't drink alcohol, Zero. Back in high school, I looked around and
>> > saw
>> > that the kids who did drink tended to make asses of themselves (rather
>> > like you and prat do here), so I declined to participate.

>> Oh - drugs. That explains a lot.

> You still here? Do run away and play, sonny, there's a good boy.

I love it here. I love getting under your skin.

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

On 2007-10-12 05:39:02 -0700, "zara" > said:

> "John C. Randolph" > wrote in message
>> On 2007-10-11 05:43:53 -0700, "zara" > said:
>>
>>> HAR, HAR, HAR - a real thigh slapper. Your newsreader must be broken,
>>> you didn't get to see the whole of my response. How many Martini's do
>>> you suck down with Lovie before dinner? How many before?

>> I don't drink alcohol, Zero. Back in high school, I looked around and
>> saw that the kids who did drink tended to make asses of themselves
>> (rather like you and prat do here), so I declined to participate.

> Oh - drugs.

Project much?

-jcr

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

"Michelle Steiner" > wrote in message

>> > Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of
>> > them.
>> >
>> > Thanks!

>> We should not get rid of them. Responding to trolls such as zara and
>> Muahman is what we should do here, to keep them out of the real Mac
>> groups.

> One of the groups you're crossposting to is comp.sys.mac.system, which
> is one of the "real Mac groups".

Yeah - it's the one with the "real" Macshitheads.

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

In article >,
Michelle Steiner > wrote:

> > > Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of
> > > them.
> > >
> > > Thanks!

> > We should not get rid of them. Responding to trolls such as zara and
> > Muahman is what we should do here, to keep them out of the real Mac
> > groups.

> One of the groups you're crossposting to is comp.sys.mac.system, which
> is one of the "real Mac groups".

Ooops, Sorry. :-D

I post from comp.sys.mac.advocacy .-D

--
Sandman[.net]
Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

In article >,
"zara" > wrote:

> "Tim Streater" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "zara" > wrote:
> >
> >> "John C. Randolph" > wrote in message

> >> Oh - drugs. That explains a lot.

> > You still here? Do run away and play, sonny, there's a good boy.

> I love it here. I love getting under your skin.

You get under his skin by using drugs? Weird.

--
Sandman[.net]
Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

"zara" > wrote:

> [...]

M.
Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

"zara" > wrote:

> [...]

M.

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 00:49:50 -0700, Sandman wrote
(in article >):

> In article >,
> Jim Gibson > wrote:
>
>>> Your mind is "foreign" to you? Well, I guess that makes sense! :-D

>> Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of them.
>>
>> Thanks!

> We should not get rid of them. Responding to trolls such as zara and
> Muahman is what we should do here, to keep them out of the real Mac
> groups.

Good idea except that it doesn't seem to work. Zero, for instance, has spread
his infection to other Mac groups.

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

In article > ,
George Graves > wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 00:49:50 -0700, Sandman wrote
> (in article >):

> >> Please stop responding to trolls. It is the only way to get rid of them.
> >>
> >> Thanks!

> > We should not get rid of them. Responding to trolls such as zara and
> > Muahman is what we should do here, to keep them out of the real Mac
> > groups.

> Good idea except that it doesn't seem to work. Zero, for instance, has spread
> his infection to other Mac groups.

We must work harder. Make him feel like he is taking advantage of us.
It seems to work.

--
Sandman[.net]
Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

In article >,
Sandman > wrote:

> In article > ,
> George Graves > wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 00:49:50 -0700, Sandman wrote
> > (in article >):

> > > We should not get rid of them. Responding to trolls such as zara and
> > > Muahman is what we should do here, to keep them out of the real Mac
> > > groups.

> > Good idea except that it doesn't seem to work. Zero, for instance, has
> > spread
> > his infection to other Mac groups.

> We must work harder. Make him feel like he is taking advantage of us.
> It seems to work.

Yes, it's called feeding the trolls.

Ruby
Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

In article >,
Sandman > wrote:

> > One of the groups you're crossposting to is comp.sys.mac.system, which
> > is one of the "real Mac groups".

> Ooops, Sorry. :-D
>
> I post from comp.sys.mac.advocacy .-D

The important thing is to make sure he doesn't find out how to get
access to our _private_ Mac group; please be careful what you say here,
I'd hate if if we had to moderate the thing.
--
W. Oates
Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

On 10/12/07 3:20 PM, in article ,
"Warren Oates" > wrote:

> In article >,
> Sandman > wrote:
>
>>> One of the groups you're crossposting to is comp.sys.mac.system, which
>>> is one of the "real Mac groups".

>> Ooops, Sorry. :-D
>>
>> I post from comp.sys.mac.advocacy .-D

> The important thing is to make sure he doesn't find out how to get
> access to our _private_ Mac group; please be careful what you say here,
> I'd hate if if we had to moderate the thing.

Sssssssshhhhhhhh!

NOW you've done it!!!

As Keifer S. would say, "DAMMIT!".

:-)

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

On Oct 9, 8:32 pm, "zara" > wrote:
> "Bob Campbell" > wrote in message

> > In article >,
> > "zara" > wrote:

> >> Go to: microsoft.com

> >> Click "downloads"

> >> Click "WINDOWS update" (FREE)

> >> This baby upgrades WINDOWS XP to something a lot better and faster than
> >> Leopard.

> > I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
> > in the Mac newsgroups.

> That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come close
> to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe that
> the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.

It's not a matter of expense, it's using what's best for the job. If
you don't want it, don't use it. No one is holding a gun to your
head. Now run along and play with your toys.....shoo.... The grown
ups here have work to do.

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

"Bob Campbell" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "zara" > wrote:
>
>> Go to: microsoft.com
>>
>> Click "downloads"
>>
>> Click "WINDOWS update" (FREE)
>>
>> This baby upgrades WINDOWS XP to something a lot better and faster than
>> Leopard.

> I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
> in the Mac newsgroups.

Haven't you heard, Macs run Windows now. So this inform is totally
relevant here.

John

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

"Bob Campbell" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "zara" > wrote:
>
>> That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come
>> close
>> to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe
>> that
>> the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.

> That's generally true. OS X is worth every penny. Likewise, Linux is
> worth every penny you pay for it.

And Windows is worth every penny you pay for it too to some people. To
me OS X is lacking so it is not worth every penny I pay for it. Linux is
worth every penny to some and to others it's of no use to them. Please don't
confuse opinions with facts. I've used all of those OSes at one time or
another and they all have good points and bad points.

John

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

"Snit" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Oct 9, 5:32 pm, "zara" > wrote:
>> "Bob Campbell" > wrote in message

>> > I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as
>> > us
>> > in the Mac newsgroups.

>> That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come
>> close
>> to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe
>> that
>> the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.

> Can you suggest any real good wines that are not expensive? I prefer
> dry over sweet. Seriously... even a decent Pinot noir would be fine.
> I try to stay away from added nitrates which makes things a challenge.

Snit, you have a enough problems as it is without adding drinking
booze to the list. How the hell did you manage to get out of my killfile? Oh
well back into the cage you go, PLONK.

John

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

On 2007-10-12 09:47:02 -0500, Sandman > said:

> Ooops, Sorry. :-D
>
> I post from comp.sys.mac.advocacy .-D

Then kindly trim legitimate news groups from your reply headers in the future.

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

On 2007-10-12 08:20:12 -0500, Sandman > said:

> What to do? What to do?

Adding dork to your kill file rather than responding to dork's silly
posts would be a good start.

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

In article <2007101222513611272-jollyroger@poboxcom>,
Jolly Roger > wrote:

> On 2007-10-12 08:20:12 -0500, Sandman > said:
>
> > What to do? What to do?

> Adding dork to your kill file rather than responding to dork's silly
> posts would be a good start.

That kind of defeats the purpose of this group...

--
Sandman[.net]
Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

In article <200710122249218930-jollyroger@poboxcom>,
Jolly Roger > wrote:

> On 2007-10-12 09:47:02 -0500, Sandman > said:
>
> > Ooops, Sorry. :-D
> >
> > I post from comp.sys.mac.advocacy .-D

> Then kindly trim legitimate news groups from your reply headers in the future.

Yes, I'll try to think about that.

--
Sandman[.net]
Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

"David Fritzinger" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Sandman > wrote:
>
>> In article <200710122249218930-jollyroger@poboxcom>,
>> Jolly Roger > wrote:

>> > Then kindly trim legitimate news groups from your reply headers in the
>> > future.

>> Yes, I'll try to think about that.

> Sadly, zero has already found comp.sys.mac.system, and has originated
> several threads there.

FYI: I know where they all are. The best places are the ones I fish.

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

On 2007-10-12 07:47:49 -0700, Sandman > said:

> In article >,
> "zara" > wrote:
>
>> "Tim Streater" > wrote in message

>>> You still here? Do run away and play, sonny, there's a good boy.

>> I love it here. I love getting under your skin.

> You get under his skin by using drugs? Weird.

I wonder what kind of drugs they are that keep him from realizing what
an ass he makes of himself.

-jcr

Posted to alt.food.wine,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system

zara wrote:
> "Bob Campbell" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> "zara" > wrote:
>>
>>> Go to: microsoft.com
>>>
>>> Click "downloads"
>>>
>>> Click "WINDOWS update" (FREE)
>>>
>>> This baby upgrades WINDOWS XP to something a lot better and faster than
>>> Leopard.

>> I'm sure the folks in alt.food.wine are as thrilled with this info as us
>> in the Mac newsgroups.

> That was done for a reason. There are some tightass's there who come close
> to some of the maccies here. Some of them, like some of you, believe that
> the "more expensive" a commodity, the better it is.

So you're a wine philistine too?