FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Chianti Classico and NZ SB (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/136625-tn-chianti-classico-nz.html)

DaleW 06-10-2007 06:16 PM

TN: Chianti Classico and NZ SB

With a simple Bolognese, the 2004 Viticcio Chianti Classico. Clean
black raspberry fruit, hint of violets, no obvious wood. Good acidity,
a little lacking in depth. Decent value at $12. B

I made halibut with martini butter and squash, Betsy a mushroom
risotto. At a loss for the match for the halibut, took the easy way
out with a SB, the 2006 Babich Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough). Match
was ok, no better. Wine was a pleasant fruit driven style, ripe
gooseberries balanced by a lemony acidity. A little pepper and grass,
nice wine, good deal at $10. B/B+

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency