FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN Clos des Capucins 1979 Riesling Reserve 1979, Domaine Weinbach (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/136366-tn-clos-des-capucins.html)

cwdjrxyz 03-10-2007 04:11 AM

TN Clos des Capucins 1979 Riesling Reserve 1979, Domaine Weinbach

The Domaine Weinbach makes several wines. This was the only bottle of
their wine I have ever had, so I can not say much meaningful about the
quality from a single sample. This bottle of Clos des Capucins 1979
Riesling Reserve was bought shortly after release, was stored
properly, and had a good cork and fill.

The wine is still holding well, but it now has considerable old
Riesling character, and many would have liked it a bit younger. It is
rather full, has considerable citrus and some floral character, and
has more body than many Alsace Rieslings. The color is now light
yellow. If one compared with other Rieslings, one might say that this
wine is to Clos Ste. Hune as a fairly good Rheingau is to a very
great Saar. Except for rare, sweet, selection de grains nobles wines
from Alsace, I would be happy to have only Clos Ste.Hune in my cellar,
except it is now very expensive and is not always easy to find.