Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Pair food and Wine with WinedIn

WinedIn (http://www.winedin.com) provides a free, quick and easy way
to find the ideal wine pairing for your food. It also suggests wine
pairings for cheese, chocolates, desserts, and fruits.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 24, 4:42 pm, wrote:
> WinedIn (http://www.winedin.com) provides a free, quick and easy way
> to find the ideal wine pairing for your food. It also suggests wine
> pairings for cheese, chocolates, desserts, and fruits.

Well, it flunked the asparagus-artichoke test by recommending
chardonnay first with no mention of riesling. When you ask it which
chardonnay it recommends, it gives 855 choices. Probably good for
general ideas.

Mark Slater

Posted to alt.food.wine

Tire-Bouchon wrote:

> Well, it flunked the asparagus-artichoke test by recommending
> chardonnay first with no mention of riesling. When you ask it which
> chardonnay it recommends, it gives 855 choices. Probably good for
> general ideas.

In my very nonscientific test, it recommended "Alto Adige" as a wine
pairing. That certainly leaves a bit of latitude (no pun intended) in
your choice.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 24, 6:12 pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Tire-Bouchon wrote:
> > Well, it flunked the asparagus-artichoke test by recommending
> > chardonnay first with no mention of riesling. When you ask it which
> > chardonnay it recommends, it gives 855 choices. Probably good for
> > general ideas.

> In my very nonscientific test, it recommended "Alto Adige" as a wine
> pairing. That certainly leaves a bit of latitude (no pun intended) in
> your choice.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com

Well, my first query was for "Steak au Poivre" and the two categories
it recommended were Bordeaux and Zinfandel. Plenty of wiggle room
there, too.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 24, 6:12?pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Tire-Bouchon wrote:
> > Well, it flunked the asparagus-artichoke test by recommending
> > chardonnay first with no mention of riesling. When you ask it which
> > chardonnay it recommends, it gives 855 choices. Probably good for
> > general ideas.

> In my very nonscientific test, it recommended "Alto Adige" as a wine
> pairing. That certainly leaves a bit of latitude (no pun intended) in
> your choice.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com

I liked Merlot for chicken puttanesca (trouble imagining dish, much
less match) and pinot grigio for risotto with truffles.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 24, 5:46 pm, Tire-Bouchon > wrote:
> On Sep 24, 4:42 pm, wrote:
>
> > WinedIn (http://www.winedin.com) provides a free, quick and easy way
> > to find the ideal wine pairing for your food. It also suggests wine
> > pairings for cheese, chocolates, desserts, and fruits.

> Well, it flunked the asparagus-artichoke test by recommending
> chardonnay first with no mention of riesling. When you ask it which
> chardonnay it recommends, it gives 855 choices. Probably good for
> general ideas.
>
> Mark Slater

It allows you to add pairings that you have enjoyed.