FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN 2004 La Cassaccia Grignolino (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/134170-tn-2004-la-cassaccia.html)

DaleW 04-09-2007 02:23 PM

TN 2004 La Cassaccia Grignolino

Sunday night Betsy made a puttanesca sauce. Not first thing I think of
for al fresco dining on maybe the most gorgeous day/evening of the
summer, but it was delicious. I wanted a light chillable red, and went
for the 2004 La Casaccia "Casa Poggeto" Grignolino del Monferrato. I
quite like Grignolino in general (though I've only had a few), but
this was the best yet.
Beautfully floral nose, light with vibrant acidity. Pretty bright
strawberry and raspberry fruit, a sense of earth. This is a great $10
bottle of wine. Fresh and refreshing. B++

Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] 04-09-2007 09:08 PM

TN 2004 La Cassaccia Grignolino

In article . com>,
DaleW > wrote:

> Sunday night Betsy made a puttanesca sauce. Not first thing I think of
> for al fresco dining on maybe the most gorgeous day/evening of the
> summer, but it was delicious. I wanted a light chillable red, and went
> for the 2004 La Casaccia "Casa Poggeto" Grignolino del Monferrato. I
> quite like Grignolino in general (though I've only had a few), but
> this was the best yet.
> Beautfully floral nose, light with vibrant acidity. Pretty bright
> strawberry and raspberry fruit, a sense of earth. This is a great $10
> bottle of wine. Fresh and refreshing. B++
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent
> wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't
> drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no
> promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

That is one I have not tasted but have seen on the shelves locally.
Sounds like a great buy.