Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN Fleurie -yippee

My turn to cook last night, and I went with a chicken mixed grill-
sausages with spinach, fontina, and garlic, with grilled chicken
breasts with some bbq sauce Betsy had made earlier. I also grilled
some squash, with were tossed with the peppers and oil from previous
day's escarole dish. Storebought broccoli rabe for green. I thought
about off-dry Riesling (due to the sauce and the sausage), but all my
Riesling seems to need time (note to self- buy some drink-now QbA and
Kabinett). Eventually went with a lightly chilled Beaujolais, the 2005
Vissoux (Pierre-Marie Chermette) "Poncie" Fleurie. A lovely wine that
has gotten lovelier over the last 8 months. Good though not giving at
first, really opens with about 30 minutes of air. Floral nose with a
little woodsmoke and earth, quite lush on the palate with black cherry
fruit that has a little sharp grenadine-ish edge. Ripe but with a
clear and delineated acidity at the core. Excellent finish, all one
could ask in $17 wine. A-/B+

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency

TN: Fleurie DaleW Wine 0 08-06-2009 05:19 PM
Yippee! New chiles coming out.. [email protected] Barbecue 0 20-08-2006 03:38 AM
'03 Fleurie Ed Rasimus Wine 1 30-05-2006 12:32 AM
Yippee! [email protected] Sushi 2 30-01-2006 07:28 PM
Yippee, I found a big red! Larry Wine 13 25-10-2003 04:03 PM