FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: 2005 Vissoux Fleurie (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/130806-tn-2005-vissoux-fleurie.html)

Mark Lipton[_1_] 04-08-2007 07:00 PM

TN: 2005 Vissoux Fleurie

Having been stimulated by a tasting note read elsewhere, last night I
decided to open a bottle of the:

2005 Dom. de Vissoux Fleurie Poncié
nose: bright, juicy Beaujolais fruit, stones
palate: vibrant fruit, crisp mouthfeel, silky and deep with a strong
mineral streak

As per the note I read, this was decanted an hour prior to serving, and
it was served with a roast chicken, roasted potato and braised kale
dinner. The wine was a lovely accompaniment to the food and absolutely
delicious. $18 when purchased earlier this year.

Mark Lipton

DaleW 06-08-2007 02:46 PM

TN: 2005 Vissoux Fleurie

On Aug 4, 2:00�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Having been stimulated by a tasting note read elsewhere, last night I
> decided to open a bottle of the:
>
> 2005 Dom. de Vissoux Fleurie Poncié
> nose: bright, juicy Beaujolais fruit, stones
> palate: vibrant fruit, crisp mouthfeel, silky and deep with a strong
> mineral streak
>
> As per the note I read, this was decanted an hour prior to serving, and
> it was served with a roast chicken, roasted potato and braised kale
> dinner. *The wine was a lovely accompaniment to the food and absolutely
> delicious. *$18 when purchased earlier this year.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com

Nice wine, maybe even my favorite of all the 2005 Beaujolais I had
tried

DaleW 06-08-2007 02:47 PM

TN: 2005 Vissoux Fleurie

On Aug 4, 2:00�pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Having been stimulated by a tasting note read elsewhere, last night I
> decided to open a bottle of the:
>
> 2005 Dom. de Vissoux Fleurie Poncié
> nose: bright, juicy Beaujolais fruit, stones
> palate: vibrant fruit, crisp mouthfeel, silky and deep with a strong
> mineral streak
>
> As per the note I read, this was decanted an hour prior to serving, and
> it was served with a roast chicken, roasted potato and braised kale
> dinner. *The wine was a lovely accompaniment to the food and absolutely
> delicious. *$18 when purchased earlier this year.
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.hostexcellence.com

PS Garnet still has for $18. Not my favorite store, but ok for current
release.