Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Bourgueil 2004

For those who have begun to think I drink no wine! Frederic Mabileau
Bourgueil 2004, rich deep and yummy with only a hint of green on the
finish, a finish that pops through the green and lingers with those
heavy rich Cab Franc notes. I was ready to give up on Bourg, even
wondering what it was that I saw in this wine, when this one came along
and rekindled a beautiful relationship.

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021
904 631 8863 cell

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Joseph Coulter" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> For those who have begun to think I drink no wine! Frederic Mabileau
> Bourgueil 2004, rich deep and yummy with only a hint of green on the
> finish, a finish that pops through the green and lingers with those
> heavy rich Cab Franc notes. I was ready to give up on Bourg, even
> wondering what it was that I saw in this wine, when this one came along
> and rekindled a beautiful relationship.
>
> --
> Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations

A wine poster's advice here sugested that Catherine & Pierre Breton would
have been a greater choice for a wine I had purchased, a CF, but it was $30
vs. $15; but later he did purchase in May 2007, a 2004 Catherine & Pierre
Breton Trinch! Whatever, Trinch! means. We both liked it. It was $12.99
U.S. in Washington, D.C.

He tried to buy the Trinch yesterday at another location, but they were out
and were told the price would be $18+. He didn't recall if it would be a
2005.
He will be shopping Tuesday, so I'll suggest to him your recommendation of
Frederic Malibeau Bourgueil 2004.
Dee

TN: Fireblock (Clare) and Guion (Bourgueil) DaleW Wine 1 21-05-2010 05:28 PM
TN: Chablis, Pomerol, Bourgueil DaleW Wine 6 31-03-2008 09:38 PM
TN: Pessac, Bourgueil, Macon, and Mendocino DaleW Wine 0 04-08-2006 11:38 PM
Bourgueil Joseph Coulter Wine 1 22-05-2006 09:20 PM
TN: 2xChampagne, Vouvray, Bandol (and great lamb), Bourgueil, Riesling VT Jim Wine 4 18-11-2005 12:38 PM