Old 23-06-2007, 09:46 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default Chateauneuf-du-Pape at Costco

Yesterday bought a bottle of Kirkland's Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2005
produced and bottled by Domaine de Nalys and a bottle of Banfi 2001
Brunello di Montalcino to compare.

Wondering how badly they will compare -- hmm.
Dee Dee

Old 25-06-2007, 05:31 AM posted to alt.food.wine

Dee Dee wrote:
Yesterday bought a bottle of Kirkland's Chateauneuf-du-Pape 2005
produced and bottled by Domaine de Nalys and a bottle of Banfi 2001
Brunello di Montalcino to compare.

Wondering how badly they will compare -- hmm.
Dee Dee

Dom. de Nalys is a reputable estate in CdP, producing a rather
commercial, forward wine IME. '05 is a good year, however, where even
lesser operations might make a great wine. I happened to see a note in
a WS forum:

http://forums.winespectator.com/eve/...61/m/610105244

that is very positive about this wine.

Let us know what you think!
Mark Lipton

Old 25-06-2007, 01:19 PM posted to alt.food.wine

http://forums.winespectator.com/eve/...91161/m/610105

244

that is very positive about this wine.

Let us know what you think!
Mark Lipton

Thanks for the note, I read the bottle and it said that de nalys is one
of the leading (or similar claim that I should know them somehow) CdP
vinyards. I mentioned to the guy beside me, "Hmmm, I can think of twenty
or so names and none of them are these guys" but at $19.99 it might be
worth a bite.

--
Joseph Coulter
cruises and vacations

04 Grand Tinel Chateauneuf du Pape Emery Davis Wine 0 29-10-2007 11:10 AM
VRAC vs. Kirkland's Chateauneuf du Pape Dee Dee Wine 7 07-09-2007 03:37 PM
2004 Chateauneuf du Pape Bill S. Wine 4 09-04-2007 02:25 PM
Chateauneuf du Pape 1998 MaxMustermann Wine 14 11-01-2006 05:07 PM
making chateauneuf du pape LG1111 Winemaking 3 27-07-2004 04:41 PM