Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN- Burg rose and Loire white

Saturday Betsy used a cup of Sauvignon Blanc to cook with, the bottle
was tasted then, Sunday as an apertif, and then Monday with dinner (ok
with a broccoli/chevre/almond side, less so with a chicken with mint
and chili powder tonight -though SB was suggested wine).

2006 Clos Roche Blanche Sauvignon #2 (Touraine)
Having read great notes re this, and loving previous vintages, I was
excited to try. I confess this was a bit of a disappointment. Less
distinctlively SB than some previous vintages, and lacking (in a
comparative basis) in acidity. Certainly this isn't flabby, but it has
neither the cutting acidity nor the grassy notes of earlier vintages.
Still, a decent SB that is reasonably food friendly. A B/B-, couple
steps behind 2002 or 2004. Note that was my impression Sat,
reconfirmed Sunday, by Monday some oxidative notes.

With pork loin with olives and capers Sunday, and flipping to apertif
tonight, the 2006 Domaine Bart Marsannay Rose. Strawberry fruit, a
little flint, ok acidity, a basic rose that doesn't excite, maybe a
step behind the 2005. B

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency