FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: 2004 Addamo Santa Barbara County pinot noir (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/125325-tn-2004-addamo-santa.html)

Man-Ho Chu 03-06-2007 08:13 AM

TN: 2004 Addamo Santa Barbara County pinot noir

Hazy. Intense nose is both fruity and earthy: Strawberry, raspberry,
cherry, with hints of mushroom and barnyard. Rather low tannin. Soft
but not too flabby. Finish is long with a very very slight
bitterness. The most characterful PN I've had in a long while.
Also, does anyone know if filtering kills the aroma and flavor of
wines? I've had a few hazy PN over the years and all of them are
really complex and aromatic. I'm suspecting it's not a coincidence.
Cheers.

Man-Ho Chu