Posted to alt.food.wine

Default A Chard and Two Pinots

My wife had dinner ready when I returned from playing golf today and
much to my surprise she actually used the grill! A nice starter of
grilled gulf shrimp and mesclun greens I opened a bottle of 2005
Bricco del Sole Langhe Chardonnay ($10.99). Nice tropical flavors
with a bit of peach and pear notes with just a faint touch of oak.
The shrimp had a touch of heat and the chardonnay was nice and
refreshing. (B-)

Next, black cherry glazed grilled pork tenderloin accompanied with
southern style green beans and baby Yukon gold's. I opened a bottle
of 1999 Kistler Pinot Noir Kistler Vineyard RRV. Deep, black and
thick. Loads of black cherry on the nose. Quite deep on the palate
with a loads of sweet blackberry, black cherry, anise and asian spice
(B+). We went through that one pretty quick so as a counterpoint I
opened a 1999 Dugat-Py Gevrey Chambertain Premier Cru. I've had this
lots of time and I thought it would be quite similar to the Kistler
and it was in an Old World way. Quite dark in the glass more Kirsch
than berry aromas. Powerful and muscular with a fair amount of black
cherry and mineral components on the palate. A core of zingy acidity
reminded me that it was French and a bit of tannic grip on the finish.
(A-)

Disclaimer-the distributor that I'm associated with sells both the
Bricco del Sole and the Dugat-Py.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 9, 7:14�pm, Bi!! > wrote:
> My wife had dinner ready when I returned from playing golf today and
> much to my surprise she actually used the grill! *A nice starter of
> grilled gulf shrimp and mesclun greens I opened a bottle of 2005
> Bricco del Sole Langhe Chardonnay ($10.99). *Nice tropical flavors
> with a bit of peach and pear notes with just a faint touch of oak.
> The shrimp had a touch of heat and the chardonnay was nice and
> refreshing. *(B-)
>
> Next, *black cherry glazed grilled pork tenderloin accompanied with
> southern style green beans and baby Yukon gold's. *I opened a bottle
> of 1999 Kistler Pinot Noir Kistler Vineyard RRV. *Deep, black and
> thick. *Loads of black cherry on the nose. *Quite deep on the palate
> with a loads of sweet blackberry, black cherry, anise and asian spice
> (B+). *We went through that one pretty quick so as a counterpoint I
> opened a 1999 Dugat-Py Gevrey Chambertain Premier Cru. *I've had this
> lots of time and I thought it would be quite similar to the Kistler
> and it was in an Old World way. *Quite dark in the glass more Kirsch
> than berry aromas. *Powerful and muscular with a fair amount of black
> cherry and mineral components on the palate. *A core of zingy acidity
> reminded me that it was French and a bit of tannic grip on the finish.
> (A-)
>
> Disclaimer-the distributor that I'm associated with sells both the
> Bricco del Sole and the Dugat-Py.

nice notes. I could see Dugat-Py and Kistler as a comparison

Couple of Pinots Bi!! Wine 4 12-03-2009 05:11 PM
Pinots and parrots Max Hauser Wine 5 13-03-2007 01:12 PM
TN: 2 nice $20ish Pinots DaleW Wine 0 07-11-2006 01:51 PM
TN: Pinots on Fri night DaleW Wine 0 12-02-2005 10:42 PM
TN: Whose nose knows Pinots? Max Hauser Wine 5 24-08-2004 06:41 AM