Posted to alt.food.wine

Default need help with $100 purchase

I know nothing about wine but I would like to buy my brother a nice
bottle for a special celebration. I would spend up to $100. He
enjoys good food and wine, and is espcially fond of spicy cuisine,
such as Indian or Mexican. Please recommend a good bottle of wine in
that price range that I could purchase online and have delivered to
Massachusetts.
Thanks !

Posted to alt.food.wine

Good luck. I don't think you can ship Massachusetts. At least I know
our store can't.

On May 4, 3:57 pm, JerseyLady > wrote:
> I know nothing about wine but I would like to buy my brother a nice
> bottle for a special celebration. I would spend up to $100. He
> enjoys good food and wine, and is espcially fond of spicy cuisine,
> such as Indian or Mexican. Please recommend a good bottle of wine in
> that price range that I could purchase online and have delivered to
> Massachusetts.
> Thanks !

Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 4, 3:57 pm, JerseyLady > wrote:
> I know nothing about wine but I would like to buy my brother a nice
> bottle for a special celebration. I would spend up to $100. He
> enjoys good food and wine, and is espcially fond of spicy cuisine,
> such as Indian or Mexican. Please recommend a good bottle of wine in
> that price range that I could purchase online and have delivered to
> Massachusetts.
> Thanks !

If it were me ;-) and "I know nothing..." here's what I would do,
instead of asking someone in a wine store, a wine group, a
knowledgeable person about wine, since they don't know the person's
preference

I would find out (if possible by asking relatives or even him) what
particular wine store he frequents, and either him a gift certificate
for that store. Then he can go in and talk to the person himself.
OR, send him a card and check for the bottle of wine of his choice.

OR, ask him what he would buy if he had $50 to $100 to spend on a
special bottle, what he would buy, then do the rest as above.
That's too much money to be disappointed.

Good luck,
Dee

Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 4, 3:57�pm, JerseyLady > wrote:
> I know nothing about wine but I would like to buy my brother a nice
> bottle for a special celebration. *I would spend up to $100. * He
> enjoys good food and wine, and is espcially fond of spicy cuisine,
> such as Indian or Mexican. * Please recommend a good bottle of wine in
> that price range that I could purchase online and have delivered to
> Massachusetts.
> Thanks !

Dee Dee has good ideas. With spicy food I like off-dry whites, but
many people don't like them at all. If you had an idea of a couple
bottles he's loved in past, people could make better sggestions.

And the other poster is correct, MA is a tough state for shipping. You
might try a MA retailer like Table and Vine or Martys to avoid those
issues. Good luck