FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN Gruaud Larose 82 (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/122374-tn-gruaud-larose-82-a.html)

John T 29-04-2007 08:44 AM

TN Gruaud Larose 82

A quiet supper with the children/

Au Bon Climat 2001... oxidised

G_L 82
Deep with only hint of brown, sparkles.
Wonderful woodland nose that improved over an hour, cigarbox, fruit and
spice.
Good entry but weak middle. Fruit still there but tannins going. Long.
This wonderful wine is on the slide.

--
John T

Mark Lipton[_1_] 29-04-2007 07:30 PM

TN Gruaud Larose 82

John T wrote:

> G_L 82
> Deep with only hint of brown, sparkles.
> Wonderful woodland nose that improved over an hour, cigarbox, fruit and
> spice.
> Good entry but weak middle. Fruit still there but tannins going. Long.
> This wonderful wine is on the slide.

Thanks for the note, John. I have but a single bottle of this, a gift
back in '85 from my future wife. As your storage conditions are almost
certainly better than what my bottle has put up with during our
peregrinations, I'll probably open mine up rather on the soonish side.

Mark Lipton