Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Gallo "Rancho Zabaco" & "Dancing Bull" Sonoma Zinfandel

Those two bottles are now on my desk thanks to a friend who's been in
California recently.
The Zabaco is a 2003 Reserve and the Dancing Bull is from 2005: any comments
about these two zins and vintages? This week I will attend to a BBQ and a
traditional Emilia-style dinner (salami, bologna, lasagne with ragout &
bechamel, boiled pork & beef with green and red sauces...), any hint about
which one to bring in the two events?
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 10, 4:00�am, "Vilco" > wrote:
> Those two bottles are now on my desk thanks to a friend who's been in
> California recently.
> The Zabaco is a 2003 Reserve and the Dancing Bull is from 2005: any comments
> about these two zins and vintages? This week I will attend to a BBQ and a
> traditional Emilia-style dinner (salami, bologna, lasagne with ragout &
> bechamel, boiled pork & beef with green and red sauces...), any hint about
> which one to bring in the two events?
> --
> * Vilco
> Think pink, drink rose'

I'd take them both to the BBQ. Rancho Zabaco makes huge extracted
zinfandel that needs big food to stand up to. Dancing Bull is their
value brand priced at about $10 and I just tasted the '05 within the
month. It's big, oky and thick with a nice bit of spice.
Discalimer: I'm not a big fan of California zinfandel since the mid
90's when they started making them more like Port than table wine.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 10, 8:49�am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On Apr 10, 4:00?am, "Vilco" > wrote:
>
> > Those two bottles are now on my desk thanks to a friend who's been in
> > California recently.
> > The Zabaco is a 2003 Reserve and the Dancing Bull is from 2005: any comments
> > about these two zins and vintages? This week I will attend to a BBQ and a
> > traditional Emilia-style dinner (salami, bologna, lasagne with ragout &
> > bechamel, boiled pork & beef with green and red sauces...), any hint about
> > which one to bring in the two events?
> > --
> > ? Vilco
> > Think pink, drink rose'

> I'd take them both to the BBQ. *Rancho Zabaco makes huge extracted
> zinfandel that needs big food to stand up to. *Dancing Bull is their
> value brand priced at about $10 and I just tasted the '05 within the
> month. *It's big, oky and thick with a nice bit of spice.
> Discalimer: *I'm not a big fan of California zinfandel since the mid
> 90's when they started making them more like Port than table wine.

Agree with Bill, fine for grilling party -I'll save the rant on the
word BBQ for another time.
I find both to be ok for what they are, but not my favorite style.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 10, 10:29?am, "DaleW" > wrote:
> On Apr 10, 8:49?am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>

> > On Apr 10, 4:00?am, "Vilco" > wrote:

> > > Those two bottles are now on my desk thanks to a friend who's been in
> > > California recently.
> > > The Zabaco is a 2003 Reserve and the Dancing Bull is from 2005: any comments
> > > about these two zins and vintages? This week I will attend to a BBQ and a
> > > traditional Emilia-style dinner (salami, bologna, lasagne with ragout &
> > > bechamel, boiled pork & beef with green and red sauces...), any hint about
> > > which one to bring in the two events?
> > > --
> > > ? Vilco
> > > Think pink, drink rose'

> > I'd take them both to the BBQ. ?Rancho Zabaco makes huge extracted
> > zinfandel that needs big food to stand up to. ?Dancing Bull is their
> > value brand priced at about $10 and I just tasted the '05 within the
> > month. ?It's big, oky and thick with a nice bit of spice.
> > Discalimer: ?I'm not a big fan of California zinfandel since the mid
> > 90's when they started making them more like Port than table wine.

> Agree with Bill, fine for grilling party -I'll save the rant on the
> word BBQ for another time.
> I find both to be ok for what they are, but not my favorite style.- Hide quoted text -

As the proud owner of a Bradley smoker I fully feel your pain
Dale......

Posted to alt.food.wine

Bi!! wrote:

>> I'll save the rant on the word BBQ for another time.

> As the proud owner of a Bradley smoker I fully feel
> your pain Dale......

LOL, I know, I know...
Also here in Italy there are many kinds of BBQ styles and BBQ meats, and
this one will be a typical emilian one: sausages, pork chops, lamb chops,
unsmoked bacon and veal shoulder chops. Probably the meat will be marinated
in red wine with garlic and rosemary, maybe some pepper also. Dressings will
be extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and the usual sauces you find in a
BBQ here around: mayo and dijon mustard, maybe some ketchup. Not that spicy,
but tasty.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 10, 11:00�am, "Vilco" > wrote:
> Bi!! wrote:
> >> I'll save the rant on the word BBQ for another time.

> > As the proud owner of a Bradley smoker I fully feel
> > your pain Dale......

> LOL, I know, I know...
> Also here in Italy there are many kinds of BBQ styles and BBQ meats, and
> this one will be a typical emilian one: sausages, pork chops, lamb chops,
> unsmoked bacon and veal shoulder chops. Probably the meat will be marinated
> in red wine with garlic and rosemary, maybe some pepper also. Dressings will
> be extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and the usual sauces you find in a
> BBQ here around: mayo and dijon mustard, maybe some ketchup. Not that spicy,
> but tasty.
> --
> * Vilco
> Think pink, drink rose'

Here in the US major fights can break out regarding the best BBQ but
there's one thing we all agree on. BBQ is low and slow and grilling
is high and fast. That would be heat and cooking time respectively.
Enjoy the wine with whatever style your having!