Posted to alt.food.wine

Default -----------WINE CELLARS-------------------

My dad is found of wines and has a good collection of them.I want to gift
on his birthday a wine cellar.Can anybody suggest me where to look for it
I am looking to spend around $3000.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Feb 28, 1:33 am, "pmorgan" > wrote:
> My dad is found of wines and has a good collection of them.I want to gift
> on his birthday a wine cellar.Can anybody suggest me where to look for it
> I am looking to spend around $3000.

It all depends on where the wine cellar is located in his house or
apartment. In a home with a good underground unheated basement, you
might be able to have a small room built, insulated, and have racks
installed. If cooling must be used, then you have the option of a
small room with a cooling unit installed or a ready made wine cellar
in a cabinet of some sort. In a basement, a plain looking unit would
do. In an upstairs area in public view, looks may matter, especially
if someone in the house has strong ideas about decoration. For a very
plain unit, you might be able to find one that holds about 1000
bottles for around $3000 US. On the other hand, a fancy credenza unit
made of fine wood can costs about $5000 and hold only 236 bottles. To
get an idea of what is available, see www.wineenthusiast.com or
www.iwawine.com . Shipping for something this large can be quite
expensive, so check if some local store has what you need. A good wine
shop likely can point you to stores in your area.

>From your email address, I am guessing you are in the US. If not, let

us know. This is an international group, and members in other
countries likely can point you to sources in their country.

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article outdrinks.com>,
says...

>My dad is found of wines and has a good collection of them.I want to gift
>on his birthday a wine cellar.Can anybody suggest me where to look for it
>I am looking to spend around $3000.

By "wine cellar," do you mean a storage unit, or do you mean the wine to
populate a cellar?

For the storage units, I'd look at the Wine Enthusiast,
www.wineenthusiast.com, and take some time pouring over what they offer. There
are many other retailers of similar units, but they have a good array of
different types, styles, etc. Once you have located something that suits your
dad's purposes, you might want to do a Google for other sellers of that unit.

If you mean the wine to fill a cellar, then tell us more about your dad's
tastes, etc.

Hunt

Wine cellars jhill999 Wine 5 06-04-2007 06:27 AM
Koolspace Wine Cellars William E. Clay, Jr. Wine 0 23-05-2006 04:17 PM
Wine Cellars - Chuck Reid Wine 4 16-11-2004 06:10 AM
Wine coolers vs. cellars skategoat25 Wine 4 09-01-2004 12:51 AM
Newbie about Wine Cellars. Xyzsch Wine 4 06-10-2003 10:42 PM