Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Charles Krug

This past weekend I attended a series of seminars during the South Beach
Wine and Food Festival in Miami Beach, Florida. There were eight seminars
where great wines were disused and tasted, but the one that stood out the
most was the Mondavi Seminar. It was moderated by Thomas Matthews of the
Wine Spectator. The stars of the session were Robert and Peter Mondavi and
there sons and daughters. Hearing these legends talk about their wines was,
to me, a great history lesson of modern California wines. We tasted several
of the Mondavi and Krug wines and, in my opinion they were all outstanding.
I will post notes once I get them sorted out. But one wine, I think
surprised us all. It was a 1965 Charles Krug Cabernet. It was alive and
well.
We were all surprised at the fruit and acid still in that wine. It was
complex and elegant and a pleasure to drink.

Quest for Krug Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 1 28-12-2015 07:45 PM
TN: Gaggle of Gouges, plus LMHB, Rioja, Krug, Lafouge DaleW Wine 8 25-02-2015 10:21 PM
TN Krug Champagne 1971 cwdjrxyz Wine 2 01-01-2008 05:50 PM
TN: 3 Mature Beauts, 4 Babies for Science (85 Krug, 02 Lafon Charmes, 00 L'Orée, 99 DRC Grands, 82 Lafleur, 96 HB, 85 Huët Le Mont) Jim Wine 2 12-12-2005 11:02 PM
TN Krug 1969 or Some Champagnes Last Cwdjrx _ Wine 0 26-10-2003 11:04 PM