Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Chablis AC and modern St Emilon

Thursday Betsy broiled some lemon sole with mustard and herbs, served
with potatoes and some deli brocolli rabe. I was taking a group on a
Run that night, so limited to one glass, I opened a 375 of the 2002
Billaud-Simon Chablis. Citrus and melon fruit over a chalk and crushed
seashell mineral base, decent length for a base Chablis. Drinking so
nicely I wonder if I should open my B-S Vaillons soon. B

I'd gotten about three hours sleep, so looked forward to a quiet night
at home Friday. Betsy was making a lamb tagine for Sunday dinner,
asked what I wanted for Friday dinner. I said "red meat", because I
felt like a good red. She made porterhouse with a red wine/hoisin/
butter sauce, with roasted veggies (carrot, parsnip, and shitake) and
a salad. I decided to try the 2001 Ch. Barde-Haut (St Emilion).
Drinking very well right now, lush red berry fruit layered with
chocolate and hint of violets. Open from the start, as we progressed
through the bottle fruit seemed to get darker and a cedary note
emerged. Moderate fine tannins, good length. Clearly modern styled,
but not over the top. I'm sure this could hold for a while but I'm not
sure that it is going to improve for my tastes, this style drinks so
well young. May pick up couple more. B+/A-

Modern food .[_12_] General Cooking 0 26-06-2012 08:01 PM
Modern substuite for Asbestos Pad? Sla#s General Cooking 6 19-01-2008 11:23 PM
Modern culinary recipes [email protected] General Cooking 0 21-04-2006 05:42 PM
The Modern Martini LoudObnoxiousThemeShirts General 0 20-01-2005 07:13 PM
Modern Drunkard Magazine TOM KAN PA Beer 0 13-02-2004 06:26 PM