Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Las Vegas

Since this group is about wine, I am sure some here could recommend some
really good Vegas restaurants for French, Italian, or any food for a dining
experience.

Thanks for any responses.

Dick

Posted to alt.food.wine

Slappy Macksie's on the strip has great frenchdressin n fries--poifect for
post tables nosh. Shapiros Kosher is the vin of cherce and they do a
voiticle with 5 diffent bottlins. Big spenders go for Andre or Reunite on
ice like my foist potner Manny.

Inmate # 6789 Reno County Prison.

"Richard Neidich" > wrote in message
link.net...
> Since this group is about wine, I am sure some here could recommend some
> really good Vegas restaurants for French, Italian, or any food for a

dining
> experience.
>
> Thanks for any responses.
>
> Dick

Posted to alt.food.wine

lockdown.

"Joe "Beppe"Rosenberg" > wrote in message
. ..
> Slappy Macksie's on the strip has great frenchdressin n fries--poifect for
> post tables nosh. Shapiros Kosher is the vin of cherce and they do a
> voiticle with 5 diffent bottlins. Big spenders go for Andre or Reunite on
> ice like my foist potner Manny.
>
> Inmate # 6789 Reno County Prison.
>
> "Richard Neidich" > wrote in message
> link.net...
>> Since this group is about wine, I am sure some here could recommend some
>> really good Vegas restaurants for French, Italian, or any food for a

> dining
>> experience.
>>
>> Thanks for any responses.
>>
>> Dick

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Richard Neidich" > wrote in
link.net:

> Since this group is about wine, I am sure some here could recommend
> some really good Vegas restaurants for French, Italian, or any food
> for a dining experience.
>
> Thanks for any responses.

Last night we had a great meal at Pinot Brasserie at the Venetian
(http://www.patinagroup.com/pinotBrasserie/). Everyone but me had the
chef's tasting menu with wine. All of the pairings were right on. The food
was excellent and the wine list was extensive. A gourmet restaurant we
highly recommend is Craftsteak (http://tinyurl.com/gflw9) at the MGM. The
food is phenomenal and I don't know about the wine list because we always
bring our own. A much more casual restaurant not to be missed is the Burger
Bar (http://www.usmenuguide.com/burgerbar.htm) at the Mandalay Place. I
would rather have a $20 burger there than a $50 steak somewhere else. Mon
Ami Gabi (http://tinyurl.com/f9nqq) at Paris is a good choice. All
restaurants above allow corkage. Last night we had plans before dinner
where a bottle of wine would have been hard to deal with. We live in Las
Vegas and the restaurants here are great.

Fred.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Any idea about Picasso and La Cirq at Billagio? Are they as good as the
concierge claims?

"Fred" > wrote in message
> "Richard Neidich" > wrote in
> link.net:
>
>> Since this group is about wine, I am sure some here could recommend
>> some really good Vegas restaurants for French, Italian, or any food
>> for a dining experience.
>>
>> Thanks for any responses.

> Last night we had a great meal at Pinot Brasserie at the Venetian
> (http://www.patinagroup.com/pinotBrasserie/). Everyone but me had the
> chef's tasting menu with wine. All of the pairings were right on. The food
> was excellent and the wine list was extensive. A gourmet restaurant we
> highly recommend is Craftsteak (http://tinyurl.com/gflw9) at the MGM. The
> food is phenomenal and I don't know about the wine list because we always
> bring our own. A much more casual restaurant not to be missed is the
> Burger
> Bar (http://www.usmenuguide.com/burgerbar.htm) at the Mandalay Place. I
> would rather have a $20 burger there than a $50 steak somewhere else. Mon
> Ami Gabi (http://tinyurl.com/f9nqq) at Paris is a good choice. All
> restaurants above allow corkage. Last night we had plans before dinner
> where a bottle of wine would have been hard to deal with. We live in Las
> Vegas and the restaurants here are great.
>
> Fred.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Thanks for the leads here. Will check a few out. Have been to Pinot
before. Also there used to be one in St. Helena. Last Sept I realized the
closed and destroyed the building. It was one of my favorites.

"Fred" > wrote in message
> "Richard Neidich" > wrote in
> link.net:
>
>> Since this group is about wine, I am sure some here could recommend
>> some really good Vegas restaurants for French, Italian, or any food
>> for a dining experience.
>>
>> Thanks for any responses.

> Last night we had a great meal at Pinot Brasserie at the Venetian
> (http://www.patinagroup.com/pinotBrasserie/). Everyone but me had the
> chef's tasting menu with wine. All of the pairings were right on. The food
> was excellent and the wine list was extensive. A gourmet restaurant we
> highly recommend is Craftsteak (http://tinyurl.com/gflw9) at the MGM. The
> food is phenomenal and I don't know about the wine list because we always
> bring our own. A much more casual restaurant not to be missed is the
> Burger
> Bar (http://www.usmenuguide.com/burgerbar.htm) at the Mandalay Place. I
> would rather have a $20 burger there than a $50 steak somewhere else. Mon
> Ami Gabi (http://tinyurl.com/f9nqq) at Paris is a good choice. All
> restaurants above allow corkage. Last night we had plans before dinner
> where a bottle of wine would have been hard to deal with. We live in Las
> Vegas and the restaurants here are great.
>
> Fred.

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Richard Neidich" > wrote in
hlink.net:

> Any idea about Picasso and La Cirq at Billagio? Are they as good as
> the concierge claims?

I have eaten at both Picasso and La Cirque. They are both fantastic. Both
are at the top of the price scale. If that is not an issue you won't be
disappointed. There are probably better meals for the money out there.

I don't know how you feel about the issue but all restaurants in Nevada are
now non-smoking. It will take a while for the Mom & Pop places to comply.
The big restaurants are already complying. We had a great meal at a small
Italian place (Mama Jo's) and one smoker made the entire restaurant stink.
Tonight we did not find anyone smoking where they shouldn't.

Fred.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Not a fan of smoking here. So that is GREAT!
"Fred" > wrote in message
> "Richard Neidich" > wrote in
> hlink.net:
>
>> Any idea about Picasso and La Cirq at Billagio? Are they as good as
>> the concierge claims?

> I have eaten at both Picasso and La Cirque. They are both fantastic. Both
> are at the top of the price scale. If that is not an issue you won't be
> disappointed. There are probably better meals for the money out there.
>
> I don't know how you feel about the issue but all restaurants in Nevada
> are
> now non-smoking. It will take a while for the Mom & Pop places to comply.
> The big restaurants are already complying. We had a great meal at a small
> Italian place (Mama Jo's) and one smoker made the entire restaurant stink.
> Tonight we did not find anyone smoking where they shouldn't.
>
> Fred.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Last time in Vegas I ate at the place at the top of the Eiffel Tower and had
a wonderful meal. We did the tasting menu I think 5 or 6 course paired with
wine.

Are Picasso or La Cirque considered much better than the that Eiffel, not
the ground floor but the one up top?

Thanks.

"Fred" > wrote in message
> "Richard Neidich" > wrote in
> hlink.net:
>
>> Any idea about Picasso and La Cirq at Billagio? Are they as good as
>> the concierge claims?

> I have eaten at both Picasso and La Cirque. They are both fantastic. Both
> are at the top of the price scale. If that is not an issue you won't be
> disappointed. There are probably better meals for the money out there.
>
> I don't know how you feel about the issue but all restaurants in Nevada
> are
> now non-smoking. It will take a while for the Mom & Pop places to comply.
> The big restaurants are already complying. We had a great meal at a small
> Italian place (Mama Jo's) and one smoker made the entire restaurant stink.
> Tonight we did not find anyone smoking where they shouldn't.
>
> Fred.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Fred wrote:
<snip>

> We live in Las
> Vegas and the restaurants here are great.
>
> Fred.

Hi Fred,
We haven't been to Las Vegas for quite a few years, but I
remember Battista's Hole in The Wall. I did a web search and
was delighted to find that they're still there. Not very
"up scale", but still a very interesting place.

Do you have any opinions on Battista's?

BTW: Their web site is
http://www.battistaslasvegas.com/

Dick R.

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article k.net>,
says...

>Any idea about Picasso and La Cirq at Billagio? Are they as good as the
>concierge claims?

Richard,

Sorry to get into this thread so late, but Picasso is very high on my list,
and was going to be the rec. at the beginning, until I saw your mention of it.
We've done dinner there on almost every trip to LV and have loved it each
time. From intimate dinners for the wife and me, overlooking the fountains, to
a board dinner for eight, each meal has been excellent. The wine service is
firt-rate, and compared to a few of the new kids on the block, not out of
price range, any longer. As for the "new kids," I have not yet done Joel
Robichon's [SP?] two different restaurants, or Guy Savoy's. I also have not
made it any of Michael Mina's spots, except Sea Blue, which was a major
disappointment. Even his staff in SF say that it is basically a corporate (LV)
exercise, and has little to do with MM, though they did tout his other places
there. Same for Aureole - all show and no "go." Yeah, the 5-story, or
whatever, wine cellar is something to look at, and the "wine angles" are cute
for a moment, but I was underwhelmed at the total experience.

My vote is still for Picasso. Cannot comment on La Cirq.

You might want to head over to
www.chowhound.com and look at their Southwest
Board. Tons of LV recs. and many include some of the newer high-end spots.

Hunt

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Dick R." > wrote in news:12rpk3cnllakcc9
@corp.supernews.com:

> Fred wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> We live in Las
>> Vegas and the restaurants here are great.
>>
>> Fred.

> Hi Fred,
> We haven't been to Las Vegas for quite a few years, but I
> remember Battista's Hole in The Wall. I did a web search and
> was delighted to find that they're still there. Not very
> "up scale", but still a very interesting place.
>
> Do you have any opinions on Battista's?
>
> BTW: Their web site is
> http://www.battistaslasvegas.com/
>
> Dick R.

I have only heard bad things about Battista's. I have never eaten there. I
heard it was great many years ago and it is relying on its reputation only.
Even if it was like it said it was I wouldn't even consider it for a good
meal on a visit.

Fred.

Las Vegas niisonge Tea 3 21-11-2008 03:58 PM
Burger Bar in Las Vegas Fred[_2_] Wine 4 29-08-2007 01:13 AM
Sushi in Las Vegas gtr Sushi 4 11-10-2005 04:08 AM
Las Vegas Nobu LittleGreyPoodle Sushi 7 21-09-2005 02:19 AM
Las Vegas Q HS Barbecue 7 26-01-2004 09:49 AM