FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: 2005 Vissoux old vines bojo (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/112588-tn-2005-vissoux-old.html)

DaleW 09-01-2007 02:52 PM

TN: 2005 Vissoux old vines bojo

Monday Betsy made roast chicken (combining the Zuni Cafe recipe with a
Greek spice recipe) , a watercress puree, and roast potatoes with
herbs. With the Zuni recipe I usually serve Pinot Noir, but I thought
with the extra spices Gamay might be effectrive. So I opened the 2005
Pierre-Marie Chermette (Domaine du Vissoux) Cuvée Traditionelle
Vieilles Vignes Beaujolais. Medium-bodied. Beautiful deep dark cherry
fruit, here's a non-cru Beaujolais that could give most village
Burgundies a run for their money. Rich yet delicate, elegant wine.
Good finish. Great value at $12-13, I placed an order for more
immediately. B+