Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Your picks for value (under $20) for December

Oops, once again a little late getting this up. This is the monthly
posting formerly entitled "QPR Wines for (fill in the month)" . I
personally would especially love finding value wines for this month,
we'll probably entertain a lot. Please post up to 5 wines that you
thought were a great value and feel others
should look for.
1) I'd encourage each poster to limit themselves to one post of 5 or
less value wines per month, to keep things from being dominated by a
few.
2) Please just post the wines, with little commentary. This might be
hard on verbose people like myself, but might encourage those who might

otherwise be hesitant (if 7 people posted before you, each with
detailed tasting notes, might not feel as comfortable just posting your
wine). Certainly
feel free to start a thread of your tasting impressions of any wine(s)
and be as
verbose as you want!
3) No bashing of others' suggestions. Let's try to be supportive as
possible. It's fine to ask questions re wines you're interested in.
4) Please try to be sure that the wines you suggest are reasonably
available (wines available at only at one store, that you bought 4
years ago, or only available at a winery is less valuable as a monthly
resource)
5) There should be a 2 month limit on posting any wine. This will
ensure the list is a bit fresher.

Looking forward to everyone's suggestions!

Posted to alt.food.wine

2004 Cantalupo "Agamium" Colline Novaresi $11
2003 Lilian Ladouys (St Estephe) $16
2005 Mardon "Tres VV" Quincy $12
2005 Leitz Rudesheimer Klosterlay Kabinett $13
2005 Piazzano Chianti $9

Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:
> Oops, once again a little late getting this up. This is the monthly
> posting formerly entitled "QPR Wines for (fill in the month)" . [...]

2003 Penfolds Bin 2, Shiraz and Mourvedre, about US$15. Grapey violet
aroma. Pretty good balance, slightly low acidity, mild tannins. I
enjoyed it.

Andy

Posted to alt.food.wine

NV Pinon Sparkling Vouvray ($16.99)
2005 Babich Sauvignon Blanc ($12.49)
2004 Breton Trinch! ($12.99)
2004 Perrin Reserve Cote du Rhone ($9.99)
Posted to alt.food.wine

Morgon 2005 Marcel Lapierre (12,50 eur)
Este Tinto 2005 Alto Almanzora - Almería - Spain (6 eur)
Saumur Blanc 2004 Thierry Chancelle (7,50 eur)

S.